Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safe to use 2 plug-in phase couplers? (repeater and non-repeater plug-in)  (Read 15212 times)

Mark Rejhon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi!

I have a SmartHome non-repeating X10 phase coupler and a SmartHome repeating X10 phase coupler.

There are two dryer outlets in this house.  Will it be beneficial for me to leave both units plugged in simultaneously?  Or will the repeating cause problems with the non-repeating unit?

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page

I have a SmartHome non-repeating X10 phase coupler and a SmartHome repeating X10 phase coupler.

There are two dryer outlets in this house.  Will it be beneficial for me to leave both units plugged in simultaneously?

As long as both your active repeater and your passive coupler propagate signals with the same phase relationship, they should co-exist without a problem.  However, unless the two dryer outlets are fed off different subpanels separated by some distance, there is no significant benefit to adding a passive coupler in parallel with an active repeater.  If they are fed off the same panel, just use the active repeater in the receptacle nearest to the distribution panel.

More information on the phase relationships can be found here:

http://jvde.us/x10/x10_couplers.htm

The heading is Passive Couplers and 240V X10 devices.

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:11:20 PM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.