Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SDK created Programs!  (Read 122458 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
SDK created Programs!
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »

Many users continue to ask questions about what they can do with the SDK!
Many Jump in and create some unquie programs many just to satisfy their own needs! Why not share them?
There are many small programs out there created with this tool it is a shame that many don't share their creations
 BIG Shame!
If anyone has a program they have created and would like to share it they can post the Program name here with a link to it!
If you don't have a server to host the program PM me and I'll try to set something up!
if you find a program that was created with the SDK and it isn't listed here please post a link to it ! Or Pm me and I'll add it to the following list!
Heres a small list of programs I've found or created Even if you never wish to improve your work, someone else may be able to use it!
If you plan on selling it down the road (not ready for release) heres a way to get some testers!  ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:48:42 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

swatson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SDK created Programs!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

I have a project fully documented free to be had. It is a PHP interface.
check out http://www.iphonehomecontroller.com

Rockhoppers

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »

Hi guys, been getting a lot of advice and good info from this forum, there is certainly a good depth on knowledge about the X10 products.

I have been working on a program based around the CM15A system, which i am very new to, and while i have no idea what the end result is going to be, as i keep adding bits and pices to it i would be interested in what guys make of it.

Everything else i have looked at only does half of what i want at twice the price i want to pay !.

I am looking for a few people to help me develop it, test it, break it etc.... but they need to be patient as this is a hobby for me, not a business !

If anyone is interested in installing and running the software then drop me a mail, and i will send you a link to download it when i have a beta release ready.

For a preview goto www.rockhoppers.co.uk, remember it is a work in progress !

Andrew  :)

andrew@rockhoppers.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:32:31 AM by Rockhoppers »

Sirdude

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

I have a project fully documented free to be had. It is a PHP interface.
check out http://www.iphonehomecontroller.com

downloaded your code and implemented it right quick. i already had WAMP installed on my server, so it was perty much 15mins and up/running.

my 1st test was to play with the living room lights and that got me "in trouble" with my 'better half' :D

of course, since i'm a tinkerer i will be playing with things, but this is an excellent foundation for programmers/tinkerers !!

ie: i'm a prototype/scriptac kinda guy -- no biggie ..

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:06:05 PM by Sirdude »

parag0n

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »

Hi all.  Been frequenting this forum, but never actually registered until today. 

I've been developing a home automation system for personal use.  Attached are some screenshots I took from a remote machine. 

It's written in VB6 (I know I should get with the times and buy .NET, but all experience is with 6).

I wrote it to be modular.  I like this way, as I can develop bits and pieces as my time allows.

Feature list so far (and growing daily)...

GUI to turn lights on/off.  Icons are placed over a floorplan of my house. 
Interface Log.  Commands received by the ActiveHome interface are outputted to screen for troubleshooting/logging.
Telnet Service.  Can telnet to the application to get device status and toggle devices/send raw commands.  Also functions as a chat server. 
Web service.  Can connect to application with browser and get device status and toggle devices.
Watchdog service.  Monitors device activity at given timeframes and sends alerts to cellphone via email. 
Voice control.  Can turn devices on/off with voice commands.   
Macros.  Can execute scripts to perform actions (adjusting lights for movie time, bedtime, all on/off, outside on/off)
Standard control.  Can send raw commands, toggle, or dim devices with button controls. 

Right now many items are hard-coded to values specific to my setup.  Will be adding code to make all aspects of the project configurable.

My new subproject is a client modification of the voice control module that'll receive voice commands and send the appropriate commands back to the server via telnet.  This will enable voice controlled lighting away from the main server.  I could run the app on every computer in every room of the house and then have the server do the actual legwork, thus not requiring the SDK and a USB interface on every machine.  If someone is interested in colaborating, I'd be willing to compile a one-off telnet server only module and provide the speechrec source. 

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »

Hi and Welcome paragOn, let me be the first to say as many I am sure will follow  #:) on the development of the setup for your system. Looks good and takes and nice visual approach to the setup. Will be watching closely.  :)%

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »

parag0n: welcome!
As soon as you have a distributable post a link!
 I'm sure many here would be interested in playing with it and perhaps help debug it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mvago

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:45 PM »

Hi,

I developed an application to control Windows Media Player using X10 commands.
The application will allow you to select the play list, play, stop, skip to the next music and previous one.
It is very simple to set up and use Text To Speech to talk the name of the play list. I have speakers in my house connected to the computer that runs my home automation software and this small app.
This way I can use the X10 remote to select the play list that I want to play without looking at the computer.

I wrote this app as a sample to use this funcionality on a bigger project that I'm doing. You can add this app to your start up programs, this way you will always be able to listen to music when you want.

Below is one screenshot of the application, like I said is very basic but do the work.

You can download this app from the link below:
www.letsdevelopit.com

This is my web page and I will be adding more apps there time to time.

Thanks,
MVago

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »

I developed an application to control Windows Media Player using X10 commands.............  This way I can use the X10 remote to select the play list that I want to play without looking at the computer.

You can get more info and download this app from the link below:
www.letsdevelopit.com

Pretty cool. I already use a SDK based third-party software (Bill's Voice Commander) with my X10 AHP setup. The BVC I use allows me to Voice Command my X10 devices. Do you think your app might be compatable with this?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:15:09 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mvago

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »

Sure, will work just fine.
I have on the same machine 3 different applications using X10 commands and this is one of them.

parag0n

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »

I've overcome the coding issues I had during my last post.  Instead of trying to write a client to communicate with my telnet daemon, I wrote a whole new TCP/IP service.  It's not extremely robust, but features keep getting added to it. 

Since this, I've written a client portion of the X10 server software.  This weekend I'm setting up a faster wireless network and deploying computers in every room of the house.  This software will accept voice commands on any PC in the house, and forward them via TCP to the X10 server, which in turn will control the lights.  In short, by the end of the night I hope to have voice controlled lighting throughout the house and not just in front of the X10 server.

I attached a screenshot of the new client software previously unannounced.  It's not exactly modular like the server application, but it has a light foot print and pretty slick code optimizations.  Just set it to the device you want to control with voice commands.  To the right of this setting are Off/Dim/Bright/On icons.  The control panel icon sets configurations as to which X10 server and ports to use.  The question baloon displays all available voice commands.  The axe cutting the line allows raw X10 commands to be sent to the PLC.  The network neighborhood icon lauches telnet to connect to the telnet service of the X10 server.  The globe browses out to the X10 server's HTTP daemon.

Speaking of which, I got a decent overhaul of the HTTP daemon.  I used some pretty nice imagemapping and javascript to now also serve up floorplans of the house on the web site in addition to the server application.  Since they're image maps, they are static.  You have to rely on the status listing to note if the lights are on or off, but you at least have a layout with clickable icons to control your devices.  I will have to post a screenshot of it sometime.

I'm very proud of my application.  I've bounced around the idea of selling it in conjunction with X10 installation sales and service, so for that reason I'd rather not distribute the source code.  I would however extend a personal invitation to any individuals interested in the code that could contribute a useful feature back to my project.  I could really use someone who is especially skilled in coding services with Winsock 6.  I'm willing to share with anyone seriously interested on the condition that the code is treated with privacy.

And by the way, adding Voice Commands to any VB6 (and .NET) application is not difficult.  There are plenty of examples out there on pscode.com and other sites.  It's really a fun coding experience, so I'd recommend it to any serious enthusiasts.

Melloware

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
    • Melloware
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:36:24 AM »

X10 Commander for the iPhone and iPod touch.....  Control up to 60 devices using your CM11, CM12, CM15, CM17 or CM19 X10 Controller.

http://melloware.com/products/x10commander/

------------------------------------------------
Melloware
Tack Back Control of Your PC!
http://www.melloware.com

HA Dave

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »

X10 Commander for the iPhone and iPod touch.....  Control up to 60 devices using your CM11, CM12, CM15, CM17 or CM19 X10 Controller.

http://melloware.com/products/x10commander/

Pretty impressive (although shameless self-promotion of a commercial venture).

Melloware

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
    • Melloware
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

Pretty impressive (although shameless self-promotion of a commercial venture).

Dave,   Sorry about that, Tuicemen didn't say it couldn't be commercial. He just said any cool apps you have done with the SDK.  I saw this thread about what cool programs have you written using the SDK, and I used the SDK to write my server side piece.  Sorry if its shameless, I am just trying to spread the word.  I have gotten really positive feedback from X10 community so far!  But please accept my apology if I offended!
Melloware
Tack Back Control of Your PC!
http://www.melloware.com

HA Dave

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »

Dave,   Sorry about that, ................. Sorry if its shameless, I am just trying to spread the word.  I have gotten really positive feedback from X10 community so far!  But please accept my apology if I offended!

Forgive me.. please... no apology required (I would be the last to complain about shamless product promotion). Your program(s) made me wish I had an iphone!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:03:01 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.