Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [How-Do-I] Get Status From a CCWHISPLC (used for fan control)?  (Read 12018 times)

drmiphesto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
[How-Do-I] Get Status From a CCWHISPLC (used for fan control)?
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »

Just curious as to if anyone has used the ccwhisplc for fan control and had it transmit status? I have one set up but it is not transmitting status and I was under the impression that they do. Does anyone know anything abou this or if there is a setting I need to do?

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: [How-Do-I] Get Status From a CCWHISPLC (used for fan control)?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:25:19 AM »

Hi drmiphesto could you give us a link where you got this from. My guess is not many know what it is.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

drmiphesto

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »

Hi drmiphesto could you give us a link where you got this from. My guess is not many know what it is.

Sure. I got it from Automated Outlet. It is the only X10 fan control that allows speed control while providing the startup power you need for a fan.. Pricey but well worth it.

The instructions are like they are written in Chinese though. I have it working with my X10 system, I just cannot get it to transmit it's status so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting it to transmit status?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »

Just curious as to if anyone has used the ccwhisplc for fan control and had it transmit status? I have one set up but it is not transmitting status and I was under the impression that they do. Does anyone know anything abou this or if there is a setting I need to do?
Do you get motor hum with this unit?

I have yet to find a X10 compatable fan controller that will control fan speed with out producing hum (except for Ed Chungs "No Hum Fan Control" and I don't have enough room in the wall for that).

Thanks!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »

The Lightolier ccwhisplc is part of their Compose Series of controllers and modules. If you poke around their web site enough you can find more instructions and data sheets. Sales sheets indicate it is hum less on fans. Have you found this to be true?
http://www.lolcontrols.com/
Do you know; by chance; if you have it set to the default protocol or did you reset it to X10 Compatible Mode?
I have none of the Lightolier stuff just looking at the specification and install sheets I downloaded. So this maybe a learning thing for many of us.

drmiphesto

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »

The Lightolier ccwhisplc is part of their Compose Series of controllers and modules. If you poke around their web site enough you can find more instructions and data sheets. Sales sheets indicate it is hum less on fans. Have you found this to be true?
http://www.lolcontrols.com/
Do you know; by chance; if you have it set to the default protocol or did you reset it to X10 Compatible Mode?
I have none of the Lightolier stuff just looking at the specification and install sheets I downloaded. So this maybe a learning thing for many of us.

I tried both modes. It responds to X10 commands it just does not seem to send status back to my Activehome Pro no matter what I do. I've read through the manual also and I have done what it says but I cannot get it to send status.

As far as the hum -- I couldn't really say that it is silent because I think the fan I have it on had a slight hum before, but it is NOTHING compared to how it sounded when I tried a dimmer on it. I am happy with it so far.

Am I the only one on the board that uses one ;-)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »

As far as the hum -- I couldn't really say that it is silent because I think the fan I have it on had a slight hum before, but it is NOTHING compared to how it sounded when I tried a dimmer on it. I am happy with it so far.

Am I the only one on the board that uses one ;-)

You might be.

Thanks for the help, I guess I am going to have to secretly save my pennies because WAF of a $100 X10 fan wall switch would be very low (she's actually pretty X10- savy).

Brian thanks for your research and URL.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 06:44:22 PM »

You maybe the only user with one in use.
When you say it does not report its status. You mean if you change its settings manually or in software control; the change does not show in AHP?
Since Lightolier may not be a commonly used item with AHP. Have you also tried a message in more generic Automation Sites where a varied assortment of items is being used.? Two I know of:
http://www.cocoontech.com/
http://www.accessha.com/

Dave Glad it was of some help.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:01:53 PM by Brian H »

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 07:57:37 PM »

Here's the text of a message on the Homeseer message board <http://www.homeseeraway.com/printthread.php?t=81040&pp=50>
by user "lshanepowers" regarding the CCWHISPLC:
-----------------------------------------
"For the Compose switch, when you receive it, program it to X-10 Compatibility mode.(It explains how in the manual) Also, program it to CI mode if you want to have two-way status.(it's configurable) To operate the different levels you can just send preset dims to change the levels. Martin was right. If you send 10 or 20% it will go to low, around 50% will go to medium and around 90% to 100% will be high. You can program the led intensity. The switch can even identify excessive noise on a given circuit. Quite a few options on one switch. Let me know if you have any questions when you get it."
----------------------------------------

I haven't been able to find technical information about performing the above configuration for the CCWHISPLC.   To the extent that the Preset Dim command is required to operate or receive status info from this module, you will not find ActiveHome Pro very useful.  AFAIK, the only way for the CM15A to send a Preset Dim command is with the AHP Software Development Kit (SDK).   Note: the Preset Dim command should not be confused with the AHP Extended Preset command

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

AutomatedOutlet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • Autiomated Outlet
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

Hello,

Martin from Automated Outlet here.

Yes, that Lightolier switch does transmit status. For those of you not familiar with transmitting status, that means that if someone manually walks up to the switch and turns it on, it will broadcast that it was turned on. Other states such as dim level, etc. are also sent.

Yes, the key is to just make sure you set it to X10 compatibility mode.
Martin Custer
Automated Outlet
www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

Thank you Martin; for the information. Since you mix many brands of devices together. Your assistance is welcomed and a great help..

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.