Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343661 times)

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to get your thoughts regarding the current AHP program.  Pleae feel free to post away regarding any possible additions or fixes you feel can be included to better the software.  Maybe you thought of a new macro? Or do you think the software can be improved with a tweak here or there? Or possibly you may have even discovered a bug in the software? Let us know!

Thanks!
Mike M.
X10.com Community Team
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

I will continue to add to this one post as I recall issues/ideas:

• 1. Fix the ELSE function so that no matter what the conditions are or what is being done in each macro, only 1 gets executed ever.

• 2. Allow IWitness/IWatchout to work with any video capture device.

• 3. Nested macros... allow a macro to call another macro and wait until it returns before continuing.

• 4. Allow each macro to select trigger mode: a) PLC b) RF c) Both.

• 5. Improve macro trigger handling: maybe spool macro triggers and execute them in a sequential manner instead of simultaneous (multiple macro triggers sometimes cause errors in execution).

• 6. Realtime Status Flag monitor. More status flags would be nice too; or user defined boolean variables that can be used for conditions.

• 7. One of the more popular "How Do I" questions: A Repeat timer every xx Minutes option.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:25:59 AM by Puck »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that the AHP software is completely BUG FREE.

Two things that might be handy are a macro library and a link (a working one) to OnAlert. Both would be nice.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:31:48 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ajleduc

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:28:10 PM »

I will do the same as Puck and add to this post as I think of things.

1) It would be nice if AHP took less than a second to respond to an event.  A second is a HUGE amount of time.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 07:56:33 PM »

Wow, I am "balled over".    I don't know where to start.

I will admit that my views are somewhat colored by the fact that I was a long time beta tester/user, which included the AH2/CM14A.

• Add the ability to send IR commands.  I believe the CM15a could do this, thru appropriate RF being sent to a PowerMid Receiver.
  • Add "system event" macro triggers.  Like a macro that will execute upon successful download; upon power return; upon a 2-way module request to GET status, etc.
  • Fix the transceiver so that a disabled housecode is COMPLETELY ignored, including by macros.
  • A way for AHP to display, and alter, Flag status (the CM14a could do this)
  • Allow unlimited number of conditions (the CM14a could do this)
  • A way to DISABLE sending automatic configuration ext commands to 2-way modules upon loading a file into AHP.  Right now, you force 2-ways to always respond with status (ignoring that the user might not want this.
  • "Free form" RF commands.  You already allows this for Extended Commands.
  • Support the use of rechargeable batteries for backup.  Basically, the CM15a would monitor and keep charged, its batteries.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:06:51 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 07:58:45 PM »

Oh, add Field Upgradable Firmware !!!!

Flash memory isn't that expensive these days.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:14:51 PM »

The antenna could use an improvement! Maybe a removable one with an "F" connector. So no one would be encumbered with too much antenna, and anyone could extend the antenna to a higher more central area using coax.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »

I would like AHP to not poll address that do not exist. I have "phantom" calls to B1, P1 and P16 constantly in my Find Other Computers.   B1 used to be an Appliance Module that used to control a fluorescent light in a clothes closet in our bedroom.  However, having the light X10 controlled a very low WAF count, it was removed last year (2006).

I've never had a module on either P1 or P16.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »

A lot of us geeks would like to see the detailed CM15A protocol that was promised two years ago.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 01:46:40 AM »

1. A programmers guide. Right now, it's a guessing game trying to get this to work.
2. The ability to copy the contents of 1 macro to another.
3. Nested macros... allow a macro to call another macro and wait until it returns before continuing.
 As Puck said.
4. An explanation on how to get a macro to run the same way on both the PC & in the interface  OOOORRRRR fix the software so that it does (even better)
5. Faster execution.  I realize that there needs to be a wait time whenever a PLC/RF is issued but it seems that the process to analyze the "If/Else conditions takes too long.
6. The ability to change the trigger once a macro is already written on the Macro Screen.  Right now, you have to go back to the room the macro is in and you can change it there.
7. IF and ENDIF conditions.  As an example:
Trigger A1 On     
     If L1 is On
       Set D1 to On
       Set D2 to Off
     ENDIF
     If L1 is On And L2 is On
       Set D3 to Off
       Set D4 to On
    ENDIF
8. Put the macros in order.  If a macro has an Else macro associated with it, put it directly beneath the 1st one.
   OR  the ability to move the macro names up/down the name list.
9.  More Flags and ALL house codes monitored.
10. Let ActiveHome Pro manage the sending if PLC/RF timing.  I should not have to put delays in my macros to slow down the process so that a PLC doesn't get walked on.  All PLC/RF commands that are issued by a macro should be placed into a stack by ActiveHome Pro where AHP issues the command from.

11.  I would pay twice the cost for hardware and software that works consistently.  Come on' X10.  Don't cut corners because it will effect your bottom line.

I will add when I think of more.

BTW....How often is AHP updated with revisions

Thanks

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 03:16:22 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Please continue to post your thoughts and questions, as they will be shared with the Development team......  We at X10 appreciate the input you have provided!  We love to hear what you think, and your contributions can lead to better things down the road for AHP!
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 07:12:56 AM »

I hope it is not too late to add another little thing.

It is a Windows standard that when something is grayed out, it means it is both unselected and unavailable for selection.

I find AHP difficult to use, because AHP grays out selected options.  For example, in the macro icons, if the macro is triggered by an 'on' command, the 'on' button is grayed out.  If the macro is triggered by an 'off' command, the 'off' button is grayed out

Both seem counterintuitive to me, and I am sure trips up many new users.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »

6. The ability to change the trigger once a macro is already written on the Macro Screen.  Right now, you have to go back to the room the macro is in and you can change it there.

You can already change the trigger address inside the macro screen. It is overwritable at the top of the screen. Sometimes your change doesn't appear as you type, but if you hit the associated ON or OFF it will.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 08:26:44 AM »

Sometimes your change doesn't appear as you type, but if you hit the associated ON or OFF it will.

IMHO, that is a bug too, and should be fixed.  I have gotten use to it (what I type doesn't immediately appear), but I can certainly see how it can confuse beginners.

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »

All the ideas posted so far sound very good but please don't do anything to upset the stability and funcionality of the current code, particularly our use of dummy modules!

Please add icons for the PSC01 and PF284 interfaces.  They don't need to do anything except except show the status of the input contact.  If that's a problem then at least have something blink when the contact status changes like the I/R detectors do.

Please add the ability to print out a listing of the Module notes.  These are very handy for documentation.  House Code/Unit Code/Module Name/Note would do it.  Ideally we could control the sort sequence of the listing but just getting the list would be great.

Thanks for asking.  Hope something comes of this.

Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.