Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maybe your CM15A is not bad after all... READ  (Read 1962 times)

cadsii

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Maybe your CM15A is not bad after all... READ
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:03 AM »

Ok so i've been playing with the x10 hardware for just over a week. Been working great i installed activehome pro on my laptop and works great around the house with the remotes. ive also been programing the voice activation at work during my spare time and bvc is working out great. also i run my stuff at home via aluminum wiring and works just fine. Anyways today i brought my pc from work home to test the voice activation and for some reason when i plugged in the usb all my inputs went dead. i couldnt trigger my lights with my remote like i usually could. I dont know why this happened cause i was using the remote just before i plugged in the usb and it was working fine... i deleted all the modules from ahp and started fress and could turn on the lights via ahp just fine, but nothing from the remotes... so after reading on here i thought that my rf antenna went dead... not like i got new electrical noise in my house since nothing changed and it worked all week. I unplugged everything waited 15 minutes plugged it back in put the batteries back in but my remotes would not work... i ran the F2 diag on ahp and these are commands i saw.

D4 ON
D4 ON
D4 ON

when i pushed my remote button for my d4 light figure.

and see

D4 OFF
D4 OFF
D4 OFF

when i hit off....

however when i trigger it in ahp i see

D4 (New LM15A)
D On (New LM15A)

D4 (New LM15A)
D Off (New LM15A)

so whats going on do i have a faulty board?

well i kept on investigating and remebered i had ahp loaded on my laptop so i connected the usb to it and viola i get the same commands as ahp sends via the remote...

so can anyone explain why the commands are different on my main pc ?

cadsii

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Maybe your CM15A is not bad after all... READ
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:40:28 AM »

so the remotes work like this...

plugged into laptop works fine...
remove cord so works fine
plug into main PC doesn't work
unplug from main PC still dint work
only starts working again when plugged
into the laptop then i can unplug again
and it will work until i plug it into the main
PC, it it like a licencing error or something?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.