Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up DS7000 system  (Read 7011 times)

Billy150

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting up DS7000 system
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

I don't know if this is standard procedure,  but when I set up my systems I carry the PS561 with 9 volt installed from room to room as I activate each door/win sensor as well as Mot. dect. so there's no running back and forth throughout the house.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Setting up DS7000 system
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »

I don't know if this is standard procedure,  but when I set up my systems I carry the PS561 with 9 volt installed from room to room as I activate each door/win sensor as well as Mot. dect. so there's no running back and forth throughout the house.

That's a good idea, and thanks for sharing. If you can't hear the console sound the register ding from most sensor locations around the house that could save a lot of back and forth to check. I wouldn't recommend it for a first time setup though; you wouldn't know if all the sensor's signals will reach the permanent location for the base.

Billy150

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

Puck,  I agree,  but when I'm  finished,  I physically check each door/win by opening and listen for the dings.  I also test the motion detectors by setting off the alarm (to me it's the ultimate test).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:05:40 PM »

Another way to determine the best location for the PS561 is to register just one DS10A ((handheld with the magnet/switch taped together), then put the PS561 in Run2 mode. Now walk around the house to where you plan to install each DS10A and MS10A and press the test button.

This way you can find the best location for not only the PS561, but where to mount your sensors, to prevent dead-spots before you permanently mount anything.

Billy150

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

I tried the (carry around a working/logged in sensor while console was in desired location) at the house I had problems with from the other day.  Everything worked fine,  but when I initially installed the system the other day while I carried around the PS561 from room to room everything worked fine then too.  Initial setups on my problem houses have been fine with marrying the sensor to the console and last minute testing was ok.
What I don't get is if these sensors work fine on install and 3 or 4 test button pushes as well as opening the door/window at install, Why are some causing the lit red light on the console to show a failure hours later?

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »

Check the battery contacts in the DS10A.  I've had problems with them not making a good enough contact.  They initially worked fine & like yours failed to report in to the PS561.  The one I had a problem with was in a bathroom also.  Could be condensation related. Stretch the spring out a little.

On another note, I had a problems with one or 2 sensors not checking in after they were installed OK.  I have about 30 sensors in all.  I would have to press the test button on these & then they would be OK.  Then in a day or 2 some other sensors would not report in.  Now, I can't verify this but what I think was happening is that I was getting RF sensor collisions when they would report into the console.  In my activity monitor, I could see that a lot of my sensors were reporting in around the same time.  I don't know how often they report in or the time interval but I suspect that pushing the test button on the problem sensor resets its' internal "report In" clock and offsets it to reporting in at a different time then the others.  In time (about 2 weeks), my security system settled down so to speak and I very rarely have this problem anymore.  If you have installed many systems in a small area or have many sensors in one install, this could be your problem.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.