Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will the Vanguard Control Center Software Pack give me what I need?  (Read 17244 times)

Mike_G_66

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I bought a package of X10 cameras quite some time ago, but only used them for viewing via my TV... I now want to view them both on my PC at home and from work over the internet instead of the TV.  I would also like to be able to record what my cameras see on my pc at home... will this package give me all of that? 

From what I read it seemed like it would, but then I saw the 'Active Home Pro" and the "My House Online" stuff and quickly became confused.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,
Mike

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Will give me what I need?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »

If all you want to do is control your cams  then you don't need AHP!
The Vanguard Control Center Software Pack may do what you want but so might the free Xray vision software!
If you think you may wish to expand your setup to include security,lighting and appliance control then I'd have to recommend AHP with all plug-ins over Vanguard! ;)
Just trying to Save you some money, (if not now) down the road! ;)
X10 has deals on AHP with all plug-ins from time to time! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

NA7A

Re: Will the Vanguard Control Center Software Pack give me what I need?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

You also may want to check with our local ISP to make sure they gave you a FIXED IP address for this service, some don't. My Verizon DSL does not and I could not do a live video feed unless I pay for a fixed address.

Now it may be that X10 offers you to send your video to their severs and then you log into their server to view your live video feed.

Anyone have info on this?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »

If all you want to do is control your cams  then you don't need AHP!
The Vanguard Control Center Software Pack may do what you want but so might the free Xray vision software!
If you think you may wish to expand your setup to include security,lighting and appliance control then I'd have to recommend AHP with all plug-ins over Vanguard! ;)
Just trying to Save you some money, (if not now) down the road! ;)
X10 has deals on AHP with all plug-ins from time to time! ;)

Say Tuice will the AHP plugin's allow you to receive e-mails of snapshots when motion is detected? Thanks

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 01:34:46 PM »

Say Tuice will the AHP plugin's allow you to receive e-mails of snapshots when motion is detected? Thanks

Tom j
Yes I think the MyHouse Plug-in is also needed  but X10Dispatcher can do this as well and works well with the autostills feature!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

miriam

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »

Hi there,

I also bought recently a package of the x10 camera security system, to use it in my shop.
It seems to have the possibility to watch live video on the internet all over the world! But I tried to install the camera in my shop but don't know with what the camera s has to make connect with the internet? Do i have to connect the camera's with a TV? or do i have to connect the camera's with a pc?
Please help 

p.s.
I'm from the netherlands and I'm not so good in the American language.

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

I use Active Home Pro software with My House Online via my home computer.  Seems to work fine 95% of the time.  5% of time I am unable to get logged into X-10 servers.   I use it to send emails and snapshots of all exterior points of entry to my call list whne a door or window sensor is triggered giving them their current login and password so if an alarm goes off and I am out of town my neighbor can view my cameras to see whats going on instead of coming over and possibly putting himself in danger if there was a break-in.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

miriam Please give us more details as to what was included in your package(include model numbers located on the bottom of most of the devices)!
As well be clear as to what you wish to do with it!
If you wish to see the image from the internet then you have to feed it to a PC or some other internet capable device! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.