Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Don't get IconRemote for DirecTV receivers!  (Read 39744 times)

TucsonTom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Don't get IconRemote for DirecTV receivers!
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:04 PM »

This remote won't let you program any keys from the DirecTV remote. For example, it won't learn the "List" key that shows your recorded programs. This key, and some others, are not automatically activated when you enter the code for the DirecTV into the IconRemote. That means that you must sill have your DirecTV remote out if you want access to all of the functionality of the DirecTV box.

I called X10 tech support and got a lady who read the installation guide aloud to me. When she wasn't able to help I asked for an RMA. Because I was past the 30 days, I was screwed. I just switched to DirecTV so I couldn't know that this expensive gadget wouldn't work. Too bad for me.  :-[ Beware!

OKC-Bob

Re: Don't get IconRemote for DirecTV receivers!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »

I'm considering buying the IconRemote, too, but also have DirecTV.  Is it possible the learning function didn't work because your remote control is in RF (radio frequency) mode instead of Infrared?  I'm sure the IconRemote learns only infrared codes.  I keep my DirecTV RC34 remote in RF mode, so it probably doesn't send an infrared code to be learned. 

Let me know if this works for you since I would like the remote control.  Are there any other features or limitatins you don't like about the IconRemote?

Thanks,
Bob

4plus3vette

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »

I have a DirecTV receiver and it works with mine.  I will let you know that my DirecTV receiver is about 9 years old, but the code is in the ICON remote and it learns the keys without a problem.

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

Tom, I gotta agree with Bob that maybe your reveiver may be RF. I have 4 Direct Receivers from a 4 year old plane jane to a 1 year old HD receiver and it works on all of them fine. None of them are the same model numbers. I did have to use the learning function on them due to the codes in the list do not work, but I have all the functions, setup, favorites, guide, etc. all working fine.

jtrainer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »

I have a directv as well, the Directv HD DVR receiver, Directv HD Receiver, and just the Standard Directv receiver.  The remote won't work on any of the systems.  Not sure how to turn on or off the RF feature of the remote.... Any advice?

Network8888

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »

Hello, I also have several DirecTV receivers, a D11, and an H20 HD,

You can change the remote from RF to IR at the settings menu, remote section.

I also have problems with the IconRemote. it simply will not work with DirecTV, it also will not Learn, baffle-ling ,

if any one has the codes that work with DirecTV D11 or HD20 please post them.

Thanks

speedbugy

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »

jtrainer, it is not an rf remote unless you try the mod that is posted here somewhere, i have not tried it. Network, it works fine with a h20 receiver. i use it everyday with it. i will try to figure out how to get a code out of it for you but i had to go thru the learning function to make it work, none of the codes will work for a h20.

speedbugy

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »

Well, my device code is LRN. I guess is because I learned the control. Try it, it will work. Do it when nobody is bothering you and don't make same mistake I did the first time. Make sure your remote is pointing to the bottom of the x10 remote and you see it reveiving the signal, but remember if you hold it too long on something like the power button it will turn it on and right back off. It's ok to hold it longer on the volume controls. You just got to mess with the dog gone thing and learn how to use it. It is new like other stuff we buy that always ain't the eaisest to use.

djpowa

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:19 PM »

I too had the same issue at first. To fix the issue, you will have to elevate your Direct TV remote about a 1/4 inch during the learning process.. It seems that the IR signal is sent downward. Once I made this change, every learning function worked great. I had to use an alternate button for the power on/off since you cannot perform learning on the Icon remote POWER button. I hope this helps.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »

Hey TusconTom

Are you getting this?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bbrick

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

#%$*!(%## you would think that x10 would have a code for the Direct TV HD recievers.  I'm sure they'll come out with a "plug in" that solves the issue for a few mor $..

speedbugy

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:39:33 PM »

don't know how to help ya brick but read the post. mine work fine on directv. took a bit of learning how to use it. read back up and try it. it will work. i never give up anything on the first try.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:41:51 PM by speedbugy »

bbrick

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »

Just spent three hours trying everything to make the learn function work with my Direct TV remote.  Changed out batteries on both.  Could not succeed.  Will try again on a new day.

bbrick

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »

Have an E-mail request in to Phillips for Direct TV H20 code.  Since I can't even make my Icon learn from the Direct TV remote, I'm not optomistic (yes I tried the elevating the remote 1/4" idea, upside down, sideways; no response that a signal is being received). Direct TV RC 32 remote different frequency?

bbrick

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »

I talked to Phillips Customer No Service.  No code.  Got the "some companies use proprietary signals, tour out of luck".  Both Phillips and X10 are using deceptive trade prcatice by claiming Direct TV satellite capability.  It certainly doesn't work with the Direct TV HD receivers.  "TS" is not an appropriate answer.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.