Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Home theater Dimmer Recessed lighting Cans  (Read 13014 times)

tearl42

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Home theater Dimmer Recessed lighting Cans
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »

Tom,

Just to be clear - the X10 WS12 is a rocker or "paddle" style switch.  The difference is that is uses a single micro switch to activate.  You press the bottom of the paddle to activate and press the bottom of the paddle to turn off. 

The Leviton HCM series use two micro switches.  Press the top for ON and the bottom for OFF (i.e. "true rocker").

I've used most of the X10 RF remotes with my Leviton switches (palmpad, universal and learning remotes - UR73a?) as well as plug in mini timers and other consoles.  The choice is yours.

If you are using a RF remote, you'll need a transceiver (RR501 or TM751) to receive the RF and communicate on the powerline.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I think I'm all set now, I bought my transmitter and remote last night and should be able to get my switches next week. $60 a switch is a hefty price tag, does anyone have a secret place they wouldn't mind sharing do help take a little sting out of the price tag?

Thanks!

Tom

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I think I'm all set now, I bought my transmitter and remote last night and should be able to get my switches next week. $60 a switch is a hefty price tag, does anyone have a secret place they wouldn't mind sharing do help take a little sting out of the price tag?

Thanks!

Tom

WS12!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Boiler

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »

$60 a switch is a hefty price tag, does anyone have a secret place they wouldn't mind sharing do help take a little sting out of the price tag?

Tom,
I'm not sure what model switch you were looking at.  Judging from the price tag, it may have been the HCM06-1DW.

If you are going for leviton try the HCM06-1SW.  Similar capabilities but it doesn't have the LED bar on the left (single LED).

http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/product_info.php?products_id=467

If these still look a bit rich, you can't beat Dave_W's suggestion of the WS12a for price.

tearl42

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »

$50 a switch is ok, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for your help on this little project!  :)

I'll give an update as soon I can install them...

Tom
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.