Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitoring zones downstairs and upstairs?  (Read 3803 times)

craig45

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Monitoring zones downstairs and upstairs?
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »

I've been a very satisfied X-10 user for several years.  My problem is that I have a 2 story house and my main console is located downstairs.  I would like to have a way to see which zones are in alarm from my upstairs bedroom.

Will purchasing an additional console work or is there another X-10 device made for this application? 
I don't intend to use the phone capabilities on the upstairs console but simply want to see which zone has alarmed before I go downstairs to investigate.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Monitoring zones downstairs and upstairs?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

craig45: Welcome to the forum. You can do what you want (assuming you are referring to the DS7000 Security System), but you must make sure the second PS561 is also isolated from the AC. You can do this by plugging it into an X10 noise filter.

You would also have to register the remotes so that it arms when your main system arms. That way, when the alarm is tripped, the zone LED will stay on in the event that sensor gets closed. If you don't have the second one with arming capability, the zone LED will come on but go out as soon as the offending sensor closes (e.g. a door opens and closes).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.