Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could my new XPCR be D.O.A?  (Read 2926 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Could my new XPCR be D.O.A?
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »

I wired-in a new double pole 20 amp circuit breaker into the service box, making sure the breakers straddle the two phases.  The XPCR coupler-repeater is mounted in a gang box next to the service panel, with a 3-wire 14 awg connecting from the double breaker to the XPCR.  This is a fairly simple installation. 

I unplugged the old Smartlinc dryer coupler repeater and powered on the XPCR and...nothing.  Using a palm remote, there are no flashes from the single red LED on the XPCR, and NO ability to turn on anything on the alternate phase.  Flip the circuit off, plug the old Smarlinc dryer plug unit back in, and I'm back to my prior "works somewhat" operating mode. 

I checked the circuit from the breaker to the XPCR and the 220 power is definitely there.  Does anyone know of a way to check the XPCR to determine that it is definitely dead, short of saying it's "just not working."

This is a new item I purchased through one of the X10 merchants on Ebay (The Home Automation Store.)

Any ideas are gratefully welcome.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Could my new XPCR be D.O.A?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

You used the Red wire and one of the Blacks? Also the Neutral White is connected well?

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »

You used the Red wire and one of the Blacks? Also the Neutral White is connected well?

Indeed I did: from the XPCR...black wire to breaker contact, red wire to other breaker contact, white wire to neutral bus bar. 

I don't believe it matters which black wire on the XPCR is used, though I tried them both.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »

Sounds like it is DOA.
You may want to check with the vendor for more assistance.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.