Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor  (Read 17777 times)

Cypher

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »

Hi everyone -

I just purchased a complete X10 package this last week and been working with all weekend.  Looks like another one of my toy projects to upset the Wife. ;D
I have a question though, after spending much time searching the forums, I am trying to determine if the motion sensors should work with the CM15A or does it require a wireless transceiver?  I have at least determine that my remote that I purchased will not work without it, but wasn't sure about the motion sensors.  At any rate, the motion sensor doesn't seem to work.  :(

Other than a DOA WS12A Dimmer Switch, it looks like I may have found another hobby to burn the midnight oil.

Cypher

**modified due spelling**
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:47:45 PM by Cypher »

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: CM15A & Hawkete II Motion Sensor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

I assume you have AHP.
With everything hooked-up did the MS13A HawkEye install?

The CM15A is a wireless tranceiver and will receive the HawkEye's transmissions.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »

...I am trying to determine if the motion sensors should work with the CM15A or does it require a wireless transceiver?  I have at least determine that my remote that I purchased will not work without it, but wasn't sure about the motion sensors.  At any rate, the motion sensor doesn't seem to work.  :(

Cypher: Welcome to the forum.

As PajamaGuy stated your motion sensor will work with ActiveHome Pro. So will your X10 Remote.

Your problem sounds like you do not have the CM15A set to transceive the housecodes associated with these devices. You need to do this in the Hardware Configuration window and then download the new information to the CM15A.

If this does solve your problem then make sure you remove any other transceiver that is plugged in. If this does not solve your problem then you may have an RF signal reception issue (distance problem).

Cypher

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »

Puck, thank you for the warm welcome.  I have a feeling this may become a second home in a not too distant future.

PajamaGuy, thanks for the information.  I had searched the forums on a lot of topics and trying to gather as much information as I could over the weekend.  I have everything in a test/play setup right now.  Everthing is in one room and connected to a single breaker, eliminating any Phase issues to begin with.  I am running AHP and I have set the transceiver housecodes to A, which is what I'm running everything on to begin with for test mode.  The transceiver housecodes of course automatically set to A, but since things weren't working, I figured I would set it manually.  I did download the settings as you mentioned.

I have attempted several codes, starting with 1 and up to 8, on both the remote and the motion sensor, with no luck.  You asked if the MS13A HawkEye installed.  Good question.  Only thing I know for sure is that the corresponding red blinks based upon proper house codes and device numbers is functioning.  Is there a way to determine if the CM15A is receiving the signal.  That is something that I haven't been able to pull up in my searching on this forum.  If I knew if the CM15A was receiving or not receiving signal, then it would be much easier to determine the malfunction.

Thanks for all your help.

Cypher

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »

Is there a way to determine if the CM15A is receiving the signal.

Open the Activity Monitor window in AHP to see if the signals are being received.

Cypher

Re: CM15A & Hawkeye II Motion Sensor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »

Puck, I will do that.  I'm unfortunately stuck at my job which pays for my hobbies, but I will check on that when I get back home.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »

Cypher - you're in the right place.  I'm new too, but fortunately Puck & Tuicemen know their stuff.

You started with "...the complete X10 package..." -  ;D  Might be a good idea to tell us a tad more.

Did you buy AHP and the 4 plugins?  OnAlert, MyHouse, SmartMacros, & iWitness?
We know you have a CM15A and a HawkEye.  How about a DS7000, Security remotes, KeyFobs, Door/Window sensors, cameras?

You've already mentioned phase coupling.  I thought I needed it until I found the 220 dryer test didn't fix my problem - NOT using certain extension cords, and making sure the plug prongs fit TIGHT in the wall outlet worked - Phase Coupler would have been wasted $$'s for me.

How about adding the 12" from a clothes hanger to the CM15A?  Worked wonders for me. 

Search for and read Tuicemen's tips - here's just one link: http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=12215.0

Tell us a little more about what you have & what you want to do.

Welcome aboard & welcome to the Money Pit! ::)
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Cypher

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »

PajamaGuy - I may have overstated my "Complete package", but it's a package. ;D
I have it listed below.

With the "Package",  I did receive all four of the software plug-ins.  It also came with the SlimFire Pocket Remote, of which I haven't got to work, but will continue to work on tonight.

As for my direction with this almost bottomless pit of money and resources that I figure I will throw at this thing, comes two directions.  I have been using the X10 modules for sometime in conjuction with the GE Simon 3 security system.  I have two manufacturing buildings on one property and use the X10 modules along with video survelliance cameras to turn on entry and exit lights.  Also have the X10 appliance modules connected to specially made dead-bolt linear solenoids to initiate a lock-down on our high security section of our facility in case of an alarm activation.  I figured if this new gadget works at home, then I would integrate it into our manufacuring facility as well.

As for the current fun, I have a two-story home with just under 4,000 sq. ft.  A total of 38 circuits in the breaker as of now.  My first thought and have learned it probably won't be my last, is to begin with a small test run such as the "Package" I bought.  Keep everything simple, straight forward and see how everything works or doesn't work.  I figured that once I had everthing working in my test labrarory, ie (My spare office which is the H&LL out of the wife's way) 8), I then could begin venturing into installing all of these little gadgets around the home, while the wife is out shoppping, of course.

My initial thoughts for this entire project would be to have most of the lights in the home ran from X10.  Along with the appropate motion sensors of course.  I have only had experience with Panasonic and Axis brand cameras, but plan on venturing into that as well for basic entry and exit of home monitoring.  My only current reservations on the lighting is the quality of the switches.  The WS12A (Decorator Dimmer Switch) I bought was DOA, but the quality and function lacks much to be desired.  I'm not sure if I could handle those things throughout the house or not.  I haven't looked around yet for an alternative with higher quality, but plan on doing so shortly.

I am currently working on my Bachelor's Degee in Electronics, so I'm fairly versed in the electronics side.  However, I must say I was suprised at the lack of written material when it comes to setting up a home system.  I'm thinking I may have to write a book on this whole experience just for extra college credits and hopefully provide some benifits to the next sap who ventures down this road with us.  It is a pleasant surprise however finding you guys on the forum.  Without the collaboration of experienced minds on this forum, it might have resulted in another disasterous marriage.

Cypher
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Complete PC Home Automation System with Amazing RCA Module Super Pack
See what's included  RCA-ES-LPD08B-UP2

1 HawkEye Motion Sensor (Indoor)
See what's included  MS13A-S

1 Decorator Dimmer Switch
See what's included  WS12A-S

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »

Cypher
Welcome aboard!
If you take some time and read some of my helpful tips and suggestions threads (found at the top of the plug-in sections) you'll find some answers!
Also Be sure to read my thread Topic: X10 Issues? Please Read This First!  (Read 24748 times) This has links to many threads regarding x10 issues mostly AHP related and will save you hours of searching!
Cheers!

Cypher - you're in the right place.  I'm new too, but fortunately Puck & Tuicemen know their stuff.
PajamaGuy thanks for the recognition,  ;) But Puck and my self are not the only ones! ;) :D
You'll find others here as well that have a vast knowledge of X10 and are willing to help out ! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Cypher

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:14:17 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen -

I've read quite a lot tonight and will continue to use it as a go to first reference in the future.  However, I have at least narrowed down my problem that I'm having and haven't been able to find it in the links provided.

I have finally got my Motion Sensor to work, but only setting AHP to "Run from PC".  If I upload it to the interface, it will not work. :(  I switch it back to PC, it works again.  As for my remote, I have yet to get it to work, and it is not registering a signal either.

Cypher

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »

I have finally got my Motion Sensor to work, but only setting AHP to "Run from PC".  If I upload it to the interface, it will not work. :(  I switch it back to PC, it works again. 

When you state "Run from PC" then I take it you are trying to trigger a macro with the motion sensor.

If so, can you provide the details about the macro and the house codes it & the motion sensor are set to.

Previously you mentioned using a "wireless transceiver"; does this mean you have a 2nd transceiver plugged in somewhere? If so, what housecode is it set to.

As for my remote, I have yet to get it to work, and it is not registering a signal either.

First off, make sure your Activity Monitor options are set to show all signals. If your remote is still not showing anything in the Activity Monitor then it sounds like it's not working... but your first post sounds like you had it working with a 2nd transceiver.  ???

Cypher

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 02:17:49 PM »

Puck, thanks for the continued help.

Simple Macro, which is below:

Narrative:
AHP
House Codes used: A
Runs from the interface
This macro turns on a lamp that I have plugged into a RCA Lamp Module (HC10LM).  It is triggered by a Hawkeye II motion sensor located 12 feet from the CM15.

Macro Name:
Room Light on A7

Trigger & Conditions:
   A7 On (RMS18) Hawkeye II Motion Sensor

Actions:
   (A1) Lamp HC10LM ON
   Delay for 30 Seconds
   (A1) Lamp HC10LM OFF

I re-read my previous post, and I guess it is a little confusing.  I only have the CM15A, I don't have an additional wireless transceiver. 

I ran into something I find unusual, and that is checking the status of computers around me under diagnostics.  I'm not at home, so I don't have AHP in front of me, but I did right down what was listed.  When I pulled up the report showing all of the house codes A thru M and codes 1 thru 16, I found the codes I was using in green, which should be correct.  However, all of the codes in House A and B were all yellow except A8, which was red, one of which I am not using.

I cleared the CM15A memory and re-uploaded and everything cleared properly, except the ones I am actually using, which all seemed fine.  Then less than 10 minutes later, I checked the computers around me report and all of the erroneous codes were all back exactly the way they were prior to me clearing the CM15A memory.

Am I missing something basic here or is something weird?

---Edited for additional information----

As for the remote, when activated, it doesn't show up on the Activity Monitor at all.  I've changed the codes from A1 all the way up to A9 and also tried B and C house codes on codes 1-9 and stil no show on activity.  I'm beginning to think I have a DOA remote as well. :(

Cypher
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:40:01 PM by Cypher »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 02:42:44 PM »

Puck, thanks for the continued help.
No problem.

Based on your macro, if it only works when run from the PC and not from the Interface, then I have to think there might be a timing issue. In the Hardware Configuration, UN-select house code A so it is NOT being transceived. Then try downloading & running it from the Interface.

Another test would be to change the house code of the HawkEye (and it's macro) to a different housecode than the light.

I ran into something I find unusual, and that is checking the status of computers around me under diagnostics.  I'm not at home, so I don't have AHP in front of me, but I did right down what was listed.  When I pulled up the report showing all of the house codes A thru M and codes 1 thru 16, I found the codes I was using in green, which should be correct.  However, all of the codes in House A and B were all yellow except A8, which was red, one of which I am not using.

A8 is the Dusk/Dawn signal from your HawkEye set to A7. This is normal and unavoidable; so make sure you don't use A8 for any device unless you want it to come on when your A7 HawkEye is in the dark and shut off when it's in the light.

The reason A8 appears as RED is because you have nothing in AHP defined for that address.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »

Cypher: Since your getting yellow squares in some of your house codes try ones that are free. Yellow is an indication of possible problems, faint noise or signals from elsewhere!
Your remote may be DOA but first try a new set of batteries even if you put new ones in to begin with, it only takes one bad battery to screw it up!(even the odd fresh package can contain a bad one!
:( When your replacing the batteries double check that they are in the correct polarity as well! Also try the remote close to the CM15A as it might just be a range issue created by many things! :( If it is a range issue there are threads devoted to extending that! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Cypher

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

Thanks Puck and Tuicemen for your help and suggestions.

I will try all this when I get home and see if all goes well.  :)

Cypher
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.