Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion sensors too sensitive? Could be trigged by a FLY ?  (Read 4208 times)

alexr40

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion sensors too sensitive? Could be trigged by a FLY ?
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »

Hi guys

I was having a problem of the motion sensors triggering my alarm inside my house during nights. It was caused by a small mice And i got rid of it. I setup too the sensors on the setting #2 (which needs to movements to trigger)

It has been working fine but today it got triggered two times. I drove home from work and the only thing i found on my living room / kitchen moving around was a Fly.

This is possible that was caused by the fly? or a fly is too small to trigger the motion sensor?

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Motion sensors too sensitive? Could be trigged by a FLY ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »

Please pardon this answer form another Noob:
Nah - a fly won't do it.  The motion sensors detect heat, and specifically heat movement.   I'm assuming this is a new setup?  Where do you live?  I've found the heat from my heating system can set off my sensors if they're in the path of the heating vents, and the heat from my home theater setup also has triggered a false alarm.

Try repositioning the sensor LOWER.  Remember, it's field is out & down.  If there's a possibility of warm-blooded critters on the floor, try adding 1/2" masking tape to the bottom of the sensor lens (solved my Yorkies' trippin the sensor problem).

Also, if you have AHP, read the activity monitor logs from when you're not in the room (and the alarm's not set) - look for triggers - .

Another suggestion found somewhere here was to but a single-thickness of waxed-paper over the lens - it's suppose to reduce the sensitivity?

Whatever you do, make sure you test with a human afterwards to be sure it triggers when you want it to trigger!

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.