Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: number of modules?  (Read 3481 times)

blown99bergerssclo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
number of modules?
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »

OK if i am understanding this right i can only have a total of 16 sensors on the alarm and only a total of 16 cameras with the wireless system. what about modules to automate the house? whats the total for that? what about getting everything to work together over the internet? and is there a way to monitor the cameras and zoom over the internet without a zoom camera ( software zoom) ?

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: number of modules?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »

OK if i am understanding this right i can only have a total of 16 sensors on the alarm and only a total of 16 cameras with the wireless system. what about modules to automate the house? whats the total for that? what about getting everything to work together over the internet? and is there a way to monitor the cameras and zoom over the internet without a zoom camera ( software zoom) ?

The limitation is not the number of modules but the number of House Code/Unit Code combinations since more then one module can have the same address. That comes to 256 unique House Code/Unit Code addresses.  Or, if you use up 32 on alarms sensors and cameras you have 224 left for modules.

BUT, as a practical matter, some house codes are better off not being used, such as A & M and since each module absorbs a little bit of the X10 signal you'll reach a point where some of the modules won't work and you'll need a signal booster, so that could reduce the number of modules some more.

In any event I think you'll run out of uses before you run out of addresses.  You can research these issues yourself by searching the Forum.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

blown99bergerssclo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: number of modules?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »

thanks! i did repost this because i wasnt sure where to post. thanks again

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.