Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ...another lost $ale...  (Read 15114 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
...another lost $ale...
« on: February 14, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »

:'( Had a complete home security & surveillance installation sewed up yesterday, DS7000, 4 motion sensors, 4 keychains, 4 Security Remotes, 24 Door & Windows, 4 cameras, 6 floods, 4 EagleEye's, PalmPads, lamp & appliance models - (and all "Pro" if available) AHP & all the plugins, then the subject of Vista came up and the $ale evaporated.... :'(

People who run state-of-the-art in the rest of their lives don't want or trust software that hasn't been revised or updated in over 2 years, or isn't compatible with current OSs.  ???
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: ...another lost $ale...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »

Beside the word Vista, what killed the deal?   The person only had a Vista running computer?   I've tried AHP and the pluggins with my Vista and got it all working and was able to control things.  I don't have the security stuff.   Although, I use an old XP computer to keep it going all the time so my Vista wasn't tied up.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:40:59 AM »

Video - and that's why it's posted here under iWitness.  Although some folks have gotten the VA11A to work - most haven't, and even X10 will tell you - none of their products are officially supported with Vista.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »

Video - and that's why it's posted here under iWitness.  Although some folks have gotten the VA11A to work - most haven't, and even X10 will tell you - none of their products are officially supported with Vista.

Very sorry to read of your lost sale PajamaGuy.

I've been video chatting over the Internet... since the very early days. I have never liked any of the video severs I have been required to connect to... all I have tried have been slow and unreliable. For that reason a few years ago I bought an IP camera... it was (and remains) AWESOME.

I have never connected to my X10 cameras using the X10 on-line software. I have an IP server... as well as an IP camera. IP servers are simple firmware devices that connect directly to a static IP broadband, without the need of a computer. Although.. I wouldn't recommend my IP server (so no link). IP servers are a great secure "direct connect device" solution to the on-line camera viewing.

Maybe... that can help with future sales.. if X10 continues to delay updates for Vista
Home Automation is an always changing technology

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

Oh sorry, thought it was a general statement about Vista.  I am one that read the vista thread and got the video working following the steps. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.