Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: False Alarm...can't re-arm  (Read 5592 times)

yvonneG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
False Alarm...can't re-arm
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

HI...I just installed the wireless security system with window/door and motion sensors.

1. When you set the console to "arm home" doesn't this keep the motion detectors out of play?

2. I have 5 cats...all under 20 lbs...Can they trigger the motion sensors?

3. Now that a false alarm went off at 1 AM this morning, I can't re-arm the system... No windows/doors were opened and all sensors on them were in place...What could have caused the problem? I don't want to re-do the whole system ( 30 minute setup...not!!)

Thanks for your help

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: False Alarm...can't re-arm
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

1. When you set the console to "arm home" doesn't this keep the motion detectors out of play?

Yes. Home mode does exclude the motion sensors.

2. I have 5 cats...all under 20 lbs...Can they trigger the motion sensors?

The MS10A's are so sensitive that a 2 Oz. cat would probably set them off.

3. Now that a false alarm went off at 1 AM this morning, I can't re-arm the system... No windows/doors were opened and all sensors on them were in place...What could have caused the problem?

The zone that caused the alarm should have its LED turned on to indicate which one got triggered. This generally stays on after a Dis-Arm until you hit the security light OFF switch on the remote (at least the older DS7000 does). If you do not see an LED lit up, press and hold the "bypass" button for a few seconds; this will show the status of zones 9 thru 16 (if you have more than 8 zones registered).

If you were in home mode when the alarm got triggered, then it was a DS10A that did it (assuming no one pressed "Panic" on any of the remotes). You may have a DS10A magnet/switch not aligned correctly and it is causing false alarms. If you can't identify the zone that triggered, then you should check them all. Make sure all the magnet/switches are aligned (the arrows are pointing to each other) and the gap between them is small (probably should not be more than about a 1/4 inch.... never really tested the maximum).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.