Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with setup  (Read 2484 times)

twentw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with setup
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:20:44 PM »

I bought the Insteon Togglelinc Relay switch and a SuperSocket outlet module (which is essentially an appliance module built into an outlet.)  I'm trying to figure out how to "marry" the switch to the outlet.  The switch instructions say that, after putting the switch in "Linking Mode", you have to "press and hold the Appliance Modules's SET button for 3 seconds."  I don't see a "SET" button on the SuperSocket, only the unit and house code dials.  What am I missing?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help with setup
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 12:32:26 AM »

What am I missing?

Probably the wrong forum! Although there are users here that use insteon you'd get a quicker reply from the Smarthomes forums ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:48:15 AM »

The instructions  you mentioned; are for controlling Insteon devices with Insteon devices. Since you are crossing an X10 and an Insteon Module. You have to use an X10 Primary Address; you set in the Insteon Module. To add an X10 Primary Address you will need an X10 controller to send the X10 signal on the powerline for the switch to be programmed by.

Download the Full Users Manual from Smarthome. Much more data than the thin Quick Guides in the box. Link for download;  is on the switches web page to get the Users Manual.

Program it with a X10 Primary Address that the SuperSocket [we are talking an X10 one right not the Insteon OutletLinc] is set to by the dials.

When the switch is turned on and off the Socket should follow. If there are no X10 signal issues on the powerline.

I would also say the Smarthome Forums maybe a better place to get help. Though many here are mixed  protocol users. I have both myself.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:17:01 AM by Brian H »

twentw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Thanks for the help.  I wasn't aware that I needed an X10 controller.  Luckily, I have a wireless controller that I've had for about 15 years.  When the instructions say that I need to "send the X10 primary address", does this mean sending an On or Off command on the correct address?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »

Yes the on with the address should be fine. I believe the address alone also works. Some modules use the Off for disable local control and On for enable local control. I don't think the wall switch has local control anyway.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.