Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Apartment Status Online in Real Time  (Read 21454 times)

PrimeGuild

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Software Solutions
My Apartment Status Online in Real Time
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »

Guys

I recently finished this Beta program that posts my ActiveHome status to my web site. So now basically, I can remotely see whats going on in my house  ;D

http://www.primeguild.com/x10

Tahir

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: My Apartment Status Online in Real Time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:39:36 PM »

Waving hand (er... coffee cup) to volunteer to beta test! where can I get a copy?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

tahirbutt welcome to the boards. I wanted to let you know I deleted the other 4 identical post like this one that you made to other forum topics. Dave_X0_L has posted a response while there were no responses to the 4 I deleted. This forum topic is a great place for your post and it is better to have only one post for people to read and respond to  :)

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

Well Dave, the output is right there on my web site, i.e.,

http://www.primeguild.com/x10

The app that does the posting is a VB6 app and its pretty much hard-coded to post data to my web site. Even if I give you a copy, the app will still post data to my site.

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »

BTW, currently I am working on integrating MSN and X10. What I am planning to do is to remotely access my home using MSN. I send an IM to myself saying "Bedroom Switch OFF" and I expect my bedroom lights switch off :)

Tahir

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »

BTW, currently I am working on integrating MSN and X10. What I am planning to do is to remotely access my home using MSN. I send an IM to myself saying "Bedroom Switch OFF" and I expect my bedroom lights switch off :)

Tahir

No since reinventing the wheel  ;)

X10 Dispatcher... It is one awesome add-on and definately a must-have for remote access.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »

tahirbutt Why not take alook at some of the already released third party software?
As Puck stated
No since reinventing the wheel   ;)
Also
Posting to the Third Party Add-ON & Software section stating you have a beta program but it only works for you is a bit of a tease to the other members here! :(
Come on it's not a  beta Program,  it is a Private program! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »

:) At least someone is reading my posts

Anyways, first of all, my post being here in the "Third Party Add-Ons & Software" forum is just by coincidence. I posted in a couple of other forums too, but the author deleted the rest and let this one alone. So blame the author for this, I am just a messenger.

Secondly, the X10Dispatcher thingie, I am sure its a cool tool, however from its looks it appears that you have to be a PhD to even start using it. Its way to complex for an average user. Nevertheless X10Dispatcher is definitely a MUST HAVE!!! No question on that.

The app that I am talking about, is zillions of times simpler than this X10Dispatcher. It runs as an NT Service, and all the configuration is done through a tiny little INI.

Finally, I understand that my app is kindda doing some of the stuff that is already out there, but tell me, whats wrong doing the same things again and again in a diff way? If reinventing the wheel was so bad, then why do we have so many diff models of cars out there? They all do the same things, right??? Take you from A to B !!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »

Anyways, first of all, my post being here in the "Third Party Add-Ons & Software" forum is just by coincidence. I posted in a couple of other forums too, but the author deleted the rest and let this one alone. So blame the author for this, I am just a messenger.

You only need to post a message once here. When members log on they get flagged to all the new messages. If a post should be moved to a more appropriate location on the forum, a Community Organizer will do that; the same as they will delete all duplicate posts.

Base on your original post, it appeared that you had a third party add-on, so that's why this post was chosen to stay.

Secondly, the X10Dispatcher thingie, I am sure its a cool tool, however from its looks it appears that you have to be a PhD to even start using it. Its way to complex for an average user.

It definitely has a lot of bells and whistles and looks daunting at first, but if you just use it for MSN, it's fairly easy to get going.

The app that I am talking about, is zillions of times simpler than this X10Dispatcher. It runs as an NT Service, and all the configuration is done through a tiny little INI.

There is nothing wrong with alternatives, just wanted to make sure you knew that it was already available.  ;)

Will you be making your simpler version available for others?

Also, it would be nice if you could make your "Status Online" configurable and available.

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 11:56:18 AM »

It definitely has a lot of bells and whistles and looks daunting at first, but if you just use it for MSN, it's fairly easy to get going.

It sure does  ??? I haven't used that app yet, but I am sure its pretty cool. Impressive work !!!

There is nothing wrong with alternatives, just wanted to make sure you knew that it was already available.  Wink

Will you be making your simpler version available for others?

Also, it would be nice if you could make your "Status Online" configurable and available.

Thanks for letting me know ;D

Yes, I sure will make a simpler version for others, although its pretty simple already, but sure will try to make it even simpler. I'll keep you guys posted.

BTW, what do you mean by "it would be nice if you could make your "Status Online" configurable and available."?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 12:08:21 PM »

BTW, what do you mean by "it would be nice if you could make your "Status Online" configurable and available."?

The app that does the posting is a VB6 app and its pretty much hard-coded to post data to my web site. Even if I give you a copy, the app will still post data to my site.

I'm sure others would like to see a version available that they can configure to work with their webservers.

PrimeGuild

• Software Solutions
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

I'm sure others would like to see a version available that they can configure to work with their webservers.

Got it, thnx.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.