Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard installed - GUI works... nada but test patterns  (Read 10004 times)

salingeez

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard installed - GUI works... nada but test patterns
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »

VA11A hooked up...
CM19A hooked up...
camera hooked up...
turn on vanguard... connect...    nada but indian test patterns.

Using XP so not a vista problem... now... the red light on my RF PC transceiver (cm19a) doesn't come on... could it be bad? ...
also is there an easy "how to hookup" tutorial for those that want to put together a remote internet viewing setup? 
I have read everything I could find here but can't find a step by step (just in case I missed something in my attempt to get X-10 to work).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Vanguard installed - GUI works... nada but test patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »

Have you tried the X10 Knowledge Base? http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
They also have Installation Sheets in the X10 Support Section. http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

salingeez

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »

still cant get anything but test pattern indians...
when I restart I get the "you dont have a VA11A attached and gonna close now" msg...
course when I check in device on windows... it says I do and it is working properly. 
I know the camera works and the VR36A (receiver) work... I have connected them to a tv with no problem. 
But I have done everything according to the docs and I cannot figure why Vanguard doesnt work. ???

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »

I think you have a defective Va11a. Are you sure its listed in the device manager, not as Intel PC Camera Pro. You may want to reinstall EVERYTHING and do a system restore. Call 18006753044 and ask for the Sentinel version of Vanguard because you are having problems with the Vanguard Version. I would also get a RMA for the Va11a. There are alternatives to vanguard like Yaw-Cam. I use that for my Sentinel Demo, downside you cant pan or tilt with in that software. I would try a system restore to the day before you got the software installed, and reinstall everything DRIVERS FIRST first, then call x10 and get the Sentinel Remote software, its free to people that have Vanguard.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.