Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Receiver Issues  (Read 12179 times)

MAXX22

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Receiver Issues
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »

Every few hours, my Powermid X10 Receiver sends out random IR signals to my cable box that change channels, activate the guide, change the volume or do all three at the same time.   (I've verified it is the Receiver and not my own remote or something similar by blocking the Receiver which immediately stops the erratic behavior.

The Receiver is NOT receiving instructions from the Transmitter (no lights flashing).  So the Powermid is receiving some sort of radio signal from somewhere else in my apartment building.  My Bose system, that also works on radio signals (not IR) seems to shut off every few days by itself and may be part of the same problem.

Because of the random and erratic behavior of the Receiver, I suspect that the problem may not come from someone using a Powermid Transmitter.

So questions:

Besides a Powermid transmitter, what else can send the type of signal that can be picked up by a Powermid receiver and translated to IR?  Has anyone else ever experience this issue?

Thank you.

BillCrestwood

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 Receiver Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »

try removing the Antennae from your Receiver (or some other way of limiting it's RF sensitivity ) and see if this solves your problem.  you can experment with aluminum foil, to block RF signals from different angles. It sounds like someone else in your building has a Powermid.

Have you asked your neighbors if they have a Powermid??

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.