Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote not changing channels  (Read 16521 times)

yakito

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote not changing channels
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »

I programmed the control.....it freezed 3 times while learning...

All keys are working well, with exeption of the his/hers channel tunning.  The control starts sending the channel numbers, but is so slow that it changes into the first 2 numbers in my FTA box.  Is there any way to increase the transmitting speed?.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Remote not changing channels
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »

Have you tried?
Setup
Advanced
Options
Key Transmit Time

yakito

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »

Tried it both ways (left & right) and still don't work.   It appears to be slower with numbers 2 and 3 than with the rest.  can it be a problem due to the learning process?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:50:39 PM »

I have not had to use the Learn Function yet so I don't know.
I recently got a new one and am still learning it. It functions differently than my old one does.

4plus3vette

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 02:54:52 PM »

I programmed the control.....it freezed 3 times while learning...

All keys are working well, with exeption of the his/hers channel tunning.  The control starts sending the channel numbers, but is so slow that it changes into the first 2 numbers in my FTA box.  Is there any way to increase the transmitting speed?.

Here is something that I just posted to a different thread.  It sounds similar to the issue that you are having.  Do you have another remote that has learning capability?  Basically, you can envision that my other learning remote was used as an "interpreter."  As in my example below for the "input" button, I was having a problem with the channel number buttons and the second learning remote worked for those too.  I should point out that the other learning remote was not an ICON remote.
Here is a solution that I implemented for a problem that I was having.  When I tried to learn keys off the remote from my TV, they just never worked right for this remote.  When you had it learn a macro and hit the "input" key 5 times or something like that, sometimes it was successful, sometimes it would only change two and other times 3 or 4.  Very frustrating.  I then learned these TV s into my old learning remote.  From there, I "learned" them into the ICON remote from my old remote.  It worked great.  You hit that macro key once and the input button gets transmitted 5 times, everytime.  I don't know why the issue is, but that was a work around that I came up with and hope that it helps other people in the future.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.