Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cheap amplifier for my bathroom sound system  (Read 11402 times)

Davearia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cheap amplifier for my bathroom sound system
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »

Hi,

I am in the middle of fitting our new bathroom and to not include a sound system in there would be just down right rude, I'm sure you would agree.

To be honest it is nothing special but better than blasting music from two rooms away. I ordered some ceiling mounted water proof speakers and cable ehich came today. The basic setup is I have a PC in my loft which I use a server to store my music on etc. The idea is to use the on baord sound along with maybe two other sounds in order to eventually give me a 3 zone sound system. Anyway in order to get one zone i.e. the bathroom I have got the on board sound working, to amplify this for the time being I have canibalised a desktop speaker to get its build in amplifier and then send the output to the new speakers.

This will be fine for the time being, but I wanted to know if there is an affordable exteranl amplifier that would give a higher output than this set up as it distorts at slightly higher volume levels. I dont want anything at all fancy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers man. Dave. ;D ;D ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.