Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pc, home stereo, tv...can I connect them all wirelessly?!?  (Read 14222 times)

vicbee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
pc, home stereo, tv...can I connect them all wirelessly?!?
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:09:02 PM »

I have for the 1st time ( :o) discovered what X10 is, so please accept my newbee apologies if this has been discussed over a 1000 times... 

I have an iPhone (wife has a Blackberry) with iTunes running on a Win XP Pro SP2 pc.  We have a Comcast telephony modem (broadband internet and VOIP phone) and a wireless router so we can work on laptops elsewhere in the house.

We're looking at buying an lcd flatscreen (we have Comcast digital cable) and a simple mid-end stereo system like a 2.0 or 2.1 system, NOT a 5 or 7.1 home theater system (we have a 2 year old!).   

Ideally I would like to connect all of these wirelessly, including the speakers and that's how I stumbled on X10.  While wireless video transmission is nice, I'm more interested in the audio side of X10, like being able to play my iPhone, iTune and Blackberry's music through the stereo system.  We had a Bluetooth solution (with Bluetooth speakers) until I learned that iPhone Bluetooth doesn't work audio.

If I understand correctly, I would plug an X10 transmitter on my pc (where?) with an X10 receiver plugged to the lcd screen and another one plugged to the stereo system and that's it?  Of course that doesn't provide a solution for wireless speakers (although I read somewhere that self-powered speakers would work?...).  If the blackberry and iPhone are networked to my home network would X10 be able to transmit songs to the stereo?...

I probably will have more questions once I learn more about capabilities and limitations of x10.  Until then, I truly appreciate any feedback from the experts out there... Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: pc, home stereo, tv...can I connect them all wirelessly?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »

vicbee
Sorry It took so long for me to reply. :-[ I can't believe someone else hasn't responded before now! ::) :'
Every thing you wish to do is possible, although it will take some tinkering!
The Audio/video sender/receivers are the way to send to your entertainment center but if your stereo is close to you TV as many are you can utilize one receiver for both TV and stereo!
Since x10 doesn't make wireless speakers you'll need some made by another company they aren't hard to incorporate!
Your central hub will be the PC  so start looking at PC interfaces and the software available for it!
X10s ActiveHome Pro (AHP) with the CM15A interface is what many here use but it by no means is the only solution!
Read through the AHP sections and you'll see what others have done and answer many questions you may have!
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.