Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TempLinc Support?  (Read 25120 times)

Grem126

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
TempLinc Support?
« on: May 07, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »

I have a feeling this has been asked before...but here goes.....Is templinc supported by ActiveHome or is there any documentation in the SDK ?

Thanks in advance

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: TempLinc Support?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »

Smarthome sells it and even though it uses X10 signals, what documentation is on the Smarthome site says it uses all addresses on a housecode, but not what housecodes it uses.    If the housecode range is the standard A-P it might be usable under AHP. Perhaps Smarthome will tell you what housecodes it uses.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »

I have a feeling this has been asked before...but here goes.....Is templinc supported by ActiveHome or is there any documentation in the SDK ?

Thanks in advance

Not through the ActiveHome Pro GUI.  I have no idea what might be done with the SDK.

Dan:
The TempLinc can use any housecode A-P.  It reports a temperature by encoding it as a combination of a unit code 11-16 and a preset dim level 1-32 through the simple formula:
  temperature = -60 + 32*(unit - 11) + (preset_level - 1)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:06 PM »

Thanks in advance

Not through the ActiveHome Pro GUI.  I have no idea what might be done with the SDK.

Dan:
The TempLinc can use any housecode A-P.  It reports a temperature by encoding it as a combination of a unit code 11-16 and a preset dim level 1-32 through the simple formula:
  temperature = -60 + 32*(unit - 11) + (preset_level - 1)

Thanks, Charles.   That's something I won't be buying.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 06:36:24 AM »

It is supposed to act like an RCS TX15B Automation Thermostat. So if the software supported that protocol then it should work. I believe AHP doesn't understand the protocol.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:52:36 AM by Brian H »

Human250

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »

FYI to this thread: I have been using TempLinc succesfully with AHP as a thermostat trigger for macros. 

However, I would like to be able to view temperature information reported by the TempLinc in AHP.  Since TempLinc reports temperature as a housecode + dimmer level this should be possible by setting up a few dummy dimmer module(s) set to the correct house code(s) to read what TempLinc reports.  So if TempLinc reports a dimmer level of 58% on A14, I would know the temp is 54 degrees F.  I have not been able to read TempLinc this way thus far and I suspect this has to do with which phantom module to use.  I do have the House Code monitoring the same letter as the TempLinc and I do see some activity in the activity monitor, but for some reason this is not being 'seen' by the phantom dimmer module. Do you have any useful tips I could apply? Thanks.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »

FYI to this thread: I have been using TempLinc succesfully with AHP as a thermostat trigger for macros. 

However, I would like to be able to view temperature information reported by the TempLinc in AHP.  Since TempLinc reports temperature as a housecode + dimmer level this should be possible by setting up a few dummy dimmer module(s) set to the correct house code(s) to read what TempLinc reports.  So if TempLinc reports a dimmer level of 58% on A14, I would know the temp is 54 degrees F.  I have not been able to read TempLinc this way thus far and I suspect this has to do with which phantom module to use.  I do have the House Code monitoring the same letter as the TempLinc and I do see some activity in the activity monitor, but for some reason this is not being 'seen' by the phantom dimmer module. Do you have any useful tips I could apply? Thanks.

The basic problem is that the TempLinc reports temperature by encoding it as a unit code and Preset Dim level, not a "regular" dim level.  (See my May 07, 2008 message in this thread.)
As of the last time I looked, AHP did not support the Preset  Dim codes.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Boiler

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 09:59:45 AM »

Wow Charles, you're quick...

As Charles indicated, AHP does not understand the Smarthome Version of Preset-Dim.  This was part of the X10 protocol that was re-defined many years ago.  Smarthome picked up the "old" preset dim1 and dim2 method.  X10 never implemented these - they went to the extended code protocol instead.

From the graphic above (thanks to Uncle Phil) you can see that the Preset Dim1 and Dim2 no longer exist in X10's definition.

Now for the twist, although AHP doesn't understand the Preset Dim1 and 2, the CM15a does and can transmit Dim1 and Dim2 codes via the SDK.  I have never tried the receive function for these.  Not sure if the SDK is an option for you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:20:17 PM by Boiler »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »

I believe Smarthome has also discontinued the TempLinc as I can no longer find it on their site.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.