Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how to get around 4hr 30 min macro delay limit  (Read 21443 times)

bilyth

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: how to get around 4hr 30 min macro delay limit
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »

Since your "Fan Dummy" & "Fan Loop" are the same address, I'm not sure you need the "Fan Dummy - ON" condition to run the "Fan Loop" macro.

i guess this is where i'm a little confused...can i start the fan loop macro from fan starter macro without the dummy? i thought in order to call the "fan loop" from "fan starter"...i needed a dummy with the same address.

That's my understanding.

i'll play with it a bit...so far it's working...but perhaps i do have extra things i don't need...

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »

i guess this is where i'm a little confused...can i start the fan loop macro from fan starter macro without the dummy? i thought in order to call the "fan loop" from "fan starter"...i needed a dummy with the same address.

That's my understanding.

i'll play with it a bit...so far it's working...but perhaps i do have extra things i don't need...

Yes you do need the dummy switch in order to call the macro. Just not sure you need the "Switch ON" (first) condition in the "Fan Loop" macro.

bilyth

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »

Yes you do need the dummy switch in order to call the macro. Just not sure you need the "Switch ON" (first) condition in the "Fan Loop" macro.

hmm...i think...i need that switch ON (fan A4) there..or else it won't turn on every 30 minutes.

the 'fan starter' runs the fan for 25 min then the loop is suppose to turn the fan on for 5 min then off for 25 min every 30 min...

if it's not there..i believe the fan will just be off all the time...i think.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »

I'm referring to the first condition in the macro named "Fan Loop". That condition is: Fan Dummy ON, which is the same address A13 as the macro itself. Following the logically flow I don't see that condition being required.

bilyth

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »

Oh, I see..i see. Sorry, when you were referring to 'condition' it didn't register- i kept looking at the modules.

yeah, i guess you're right..i thought it was required..but i guess not.

i'll take it out & see. The simpler the better for sure.

Thanks, i really appreciate the help. i wonder if anyone would be interested if i considered posting this in the user defined macro section.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »

i wonder if anyone would be interested if i considered posting this in the user defined macro section.

Yes, please do. The more contributions to the user macros the better resource it becomes.

>!

bilyth

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

you know, it stopped working...but i looked at my macro & intuitively, in the fan starter- i think the flag needs to come on before the dummy...since the fan loop macro runs on condition that there's a flag...

So, i swapped it back (set flag first, then dummy on, which in turn triggers the loop). It seems to be working now. i'll leave it be & do a bit more testing.

ps i did remove the dummy on condition.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.