Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)  (Read 352258 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2009, 01:55:58 AM »

Made the donation for the nag-free full version.  :)

Thanks Bill for a wonderful program.

r,
eagle

Thank you for the donation!

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »

Thanks Bill for the chance to beta test this simple yet very nice upgrade!

I should say to everyone else. Bill made a code edit/modification/upgrade to BVC... (at my request). I just got the beta version of it (although Bill fully tests everything before even releasing the beta) and wanted to say thanks to Bill (as well as mention the upgrade).

It is a just small addition to the listener list... that will allow me to write a macro that can trigger a silent attention phrase. Before you go:... saywhat? Let me explain.

With my S.A.R.A. concept/project I am attempting to get my Home Automation Computer to be more about service than control. Meaning the macros and conditions would see a (programed) likely need for service... and BVC would ask me it I would like... say the TV, or radio turned on.

By setting up devices in device manger (BVC) Like TV, Radio, music. This allows me to say: "Computer" (then I wait for the attention phrase sound) then I would say: "Television ON" (you do need the USB-UIRT for that). But now... the plan is to set in my chair (the HA PC will see this) BVC will then ask me if I would like the TV or radio on. I can merely reply (in a conversational manner) television on, please (no need not to be polite).

Thanks again for the cool addition Bill!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:42:55 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

kk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

Is there a simple reason why I can't view the BVC help files after downloading and extracting?  TIA

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2010, 12:51:39 AM »

Is there a simple reason why I can't view the BVC help files after downloading and extracting?  TIA

From the BVC FAQ at: http://wgjohns.com/forums/index.php?board=5.0

Question:
Why do I get a message saying "The page cannot be displayed" when I try to open the BVC Help.chm file?

Answer:
Microsoft released a security update for Windows XP (this very likely applies to Windows Vista as well) that "blocks active content in .chm files to protect your system security".  The solution is to tell Windows that the BVC Help.chm file is safe.  To do this, right-click on the BVC Help.chm file, and select "Properties" from the popup menu.  Click on the "Unblock" button (immediately below the "Advanced" button) on the "General" page.  Click the "Apply" button to show the content.  Once the BVC Help.chm file has been unblocked, the "Unblock" button disappears.

That do the trick?
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

kk

« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2010, 01:19:49 AM »

Well, that sounds good in theory, but I had already looked for such a thing and I don't have an "advanced" button on the "general" page (unless my eyes are as tired as they feel).  :)  I did get the program working well enough to get a general feel for it anyway, though.  Very nice work.  Windows doesn't understand me as well as Dragon yet, though.  By the way, I guess it goes without saying that I can't have Dragon and BVC open at the same time.

EDIT:  I lied.  I was right-clicking on the actual file.  I did find it by right-clicking on the zipped file.  Thanks a ton.  Now I can really explore your fine program.  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:24:17 AM by kk »

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:23 AM »

Hmmm.... I can't even find that file.

I looked in the wgjohns folder in Program files and didn't find it.

I did a system wide search and didn't find it.

Where is it supposed to be?

Thanks,
eagle

kk

« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »

It's a separate download on the same download page with BVC itself.

eagle

« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »

Aha!

Thanks kk.

Just downloaded it.  :)

r,
eagle

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2010, 03:32:03 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.9 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Added the option to Listeners and Custom Commands to make BVC act as if it has just heard the Attention Phrase.  This makes it possible to create Custom Commands that the user can speak as responses without having the Custom Commands always active when the Attention Phrase hasn't been heard (i.e. by unchecking the "This Command Requires The Attention Phrase" box).  It also allows any Listener to act as a trigger to replace the Attention Phrase.
  • Corrected the issue introduced in Version 0.2.0.8 where BVC couldn't find and import settings when upgrading from the Trial Version to the Full Version.

Get the update in the usual place at:  http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2010, 03:33:50 AM »

Thanks Bill for the chance to beta test this simple yet very nice upgrade!

I should say to everyone else. Bill made a code edit/modification/upgrade to BVC... (at my request). I just got the beta version of it (although Bill fully tests everything before even releasing the beta) and wanted to say thanks to Bill (as well as mention the upgrade).

It is a just small addition to the listener list... that will allow me to write a macro that can trigger a silent attention phrase. Before you go:... saywhat? Let me explain.

With my S.A.R.A. concept/project I am attempting to get my Home Automation Computer to be more about service than control. Meaning the macros and conditions would see a (programed) likely need for service... and BVC would ask me it I would like... say the TV, or radio turned on.

By setting up devices in device manger (BVC) Like TV, Radio, music. This allows me to say: "Computer" (then I wait for the attention phrase sound) then I would say: "Television ON" (you do need the USB-UIRT for that). But now... the plan is to set in my chair (the HA PC will see this) BVC will then ask me if I would like the TV or radio on. I can merely reply (in a conversational manner) television on, please (no need not to be polite).

Thanks again for the cool addition Bill!

You're very welcome!

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

HA Dave

« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »

I just noticed the page views on this thread... (Read 132019 times). Add that to the old BXVC thread (102937 views) and its right at 235,000 views. This sort of popularity has to be right up there with the big name and pricey Voice Control Automation Softwares.

Is there anyone out there that hasn't tried BVC yet?

I've been testing, using and posting about BVC (or the old BXVC) for over three years now myself. Amazingly... my avatar hasn't aged a day. And I still haven't stopped finding new ways to use BVC ether. Of course, your updates and upgrades help with that too.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »

Dave, the number of page views really says something about the software and it's popularity.  Though I installed it a couple months ago, I haven't really had a lot of time to play with it with trying to get other parts of my house set up with modules, and writing my new software (RemoteWatch x10).  I did just get my new powerflash module the other day though that I set up at the top of my garage door as a status indicator.  I then set up BVC to announce when the garage door is open (magnetic switch closes when door is up), and when it is closing (magnetic switch breaks connection).  I want to get another powerflash now to put at the bottom so BVC can tell me when the door is closed, and when it's opening. 

I was actually quite happy to hear my house speak it's first words.  Now I just have to figure out how I am going to do my microphone setup for this.  I have  had some ideas that I have wanted to try, but just haven't had the time.  I love BVC though and as you said, will never stop thinking of new ways to use it.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

eagle

« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »

Honestly, if it weren't for BVC I would have never gone the x10 way.   :)

r,
eagle

HA Dave

« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »

..... I did just get my new powerflash module the other day though that I set up at the top of my garage door as a status indicator.  I then set up BVC to announce when the garage door is open (magnetic switch closes when door is up), and when it is closing (magnetic switch breaks connection).  I want to get another powerflash now to put at the bottom so BVC can tell me when the door is closed, and when it's opening. 

The "garage door reminder" is great. I get really high Wife Approval from that. But you don't need two powerflash modules.. or even two reed switches to get both the up and down announcement. I've written about my reminder macro and at my own Site I even have the macro available for download. Once downloaded... it can be edited to use your own (monitored) codes... then mergered into your own AHX (AHP) files.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2010, 07:44:12 PM »

The "garage door reminder" is great. I get really high Wife Approval from that. But you don't need two powerflash modules.. or even two reed switches to get both the up and down announcement. I've written about my reminder macro and at my own Site I even have the macro available for download. Once downloaded... it can be edited to use your own (monitored) codes... then mergered into your own AHX (AHP) files.
Dave, right now with the one powerflash module, I cannot tell weather the door is ACTUALLY down, only up.  When someone triggers the garage door with the door remote, I don't have a sensor for that trigger.  Another thing is that the door can be paused in the middle of opening where it would stop part way up.  If I had both PF modules, I can have it run a check 2 minutes after opening or closing to check weather both PF modules are in an open state indicating that the door is not all the way up or down, and then take appropriate action.  I figure for the 10 bucks for the module and being able to recycle another reed switch and magnet, that is a cheap fix to the issue.

Dan
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.