Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first professional X10 type work.  (Read 2615 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
My first professional X10 type work.
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »

Well now there's another fun hobby down the drain.

I was at one of my more well to do pc service clients putting in an 8 core xeon workstation. - yea you read that right.

Anyway, as he was checking it out I mentioned that I have been getting more and more into x10 at home.
He has some automation going on at his house but the boxes they came in were not x10. I saw the stack when the installer
was there. Anyway he handed me a Smarthome Maxi controller and the documentation and said take this home figure out how it works
and then can you program 3 of them for me? The installer does not program the system. I said ok took it home and while it has limited functionality with lowly x10 devices here it seemed straight forward. So I'm gonna give it a go Friday. I'm pretty sure his system is all Leviton gear.

Any sage advice you guys can give me?

:Ron
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:03:21 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My first professional X10 type work.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:49:04 AM »

The Smarthome Maxi-Controller has buttons on it to send out the codes to put their modules in the programming mode. For things ramp rate and scenes membership. I have no idea if it will help with different brand modules. I know the standard address and function buttons are fine with X10 and other brand modules. Also I believe it can have a set of addresses on one local button.

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for the massive amounts of typos.

It looks like x10 devices cannot be included in a scene. At least this did not work with my lm465s about the house.

While I have been in pc/network support for way too long, boy if someone could have told me about some of the pitfalls in this industry, it would have saved me a lot of heartache! I'm hoping to gleen some of the intangibles from the old timers here so make less stupid mistakes.
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:49:20 PM »

If you didn't get the Full Users Manual for the Maxi-Controller. It can be downloaded from a link of its sales page.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.