Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Controlling You Lights & Appliances  (Read 14396 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Controlling You Lights & Appliances
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

Hi guys need some information on the iCon remote it's my understanding that this unit does not have RF so you need a IF receiver to convert your x10 signals and then turn them into powerline signals. So even though you have to set the house code on the transceiver do you have to still tell the remote what your house code is to. For example my house code is C so would I have to set the transceiver and the iCon remote to C. Thanks!

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Controlling You Lights & Appliances
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »

Hi guys need some information on the iCon remote it's my understanding that this unit does not have RF so you need a IF receiver to convert your x10 signals and then turn them into powerline signals. So even though you have to set the house code on the transceiver do you have to still tell the remote what your house code is to. For example my house code is C so would I have to set the transceiver and the iCon remote to C. Thanks!

Tom j.
The IR10 does not have RF, however X10 is developing a new Icon remote which will have RF, but it is not shipping yet.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 12:23:02 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:55:01 AM »

To the best of my knowledge, that's true, but with the IR543 set, that House Code is the one that is transmitted over the PLC.  Unless you have the more elaborate and modified IR543AH (all housecodes).  The icon remote (IR10A) will just affect the house codes set for the IR543.  The new IR remote is a different story.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »

OK, thanks JMAC.
Somewhere I thought I read the IR543 passes the received IR straight to the power line. I have deleted that information from my initial response.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 12:26:19 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, that's true, but with the IR543 set, that House Code is the one that is transmitted over the PLC.  Unless you have the more elaborate and modified IR543AH (all housecodes).  The icon remote (IR10A) will just affect the house codes set for the IR543.  The new IR remote is a different story.

humm let me see so you DON'T have to set the house code on the iCon remote?? just the transceiver is that correct. Thanks!

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.