Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A-DS10A range affected not just by antenna? Need to save HW ID?  (Read 3509 times)

coghlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I've read through the variious threads re: RF reception problems with DS10As etc.  It was so frustrating to see such a potentially versatile ($49, I might add) system hobbled by the RF range issue.  I came this >< close to buying Homeseer.

To make a long story short, I'm now receiving DS10A events reliably.  I was going to try one of the antenna mods, but first I decided to clean up a bit of the wire clutter around the desk behind which the CM15A is located.  Once I did this, all of the open/close events from the DS10A on my freezer door (located in basement below) were received, however, in the past they were also always received after I ran INSTALL in AHP and pushed TEST on the DS10A (i.e. initial RF signal as well as all subsequent ones).

After thinking about it a bit, I realized that the events were always received on the first day (never actually verified this, but I believe this to be true) but none appeared in the log starting the next day.  My computer shuts down every night.

If one does a SAVE after the sensor is configured (name, location etc.), but not after the INSTALL, could it be that the hardware ID is only known by AHP until the next reboot since it didn't get saved to disk and only existed in volatile RAM?

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: CM15A-DS10A range affected not just by antenna? Need to save HW ID?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »

If asking does the Activity Monitor (F2) keep events when disconnected from the PC via usb or shut down, it seems not too. I am just testing a new setup at home and found the CM15 does not keep track of any events when I disconnected it from the laptop.
In answering this I also ask if my scenario is true. Since I was about to ask this question to confirm my settings. ???

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »

PS, I also did notice that with Window (vista in my case) is still running but AHP is shut down, It does keep events, disconnect the USB from the computer to the CM15 then it the Activity Monitor does NOT keep events tracked, just as if the computer is off.

coghlan

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

When you say AHP is shut down, only the desktop client is shut down.  The *service* is still running in the background.  If you right-click on My Computer-Manage, you can drill down and see the services that are always running (unless they are configured to start manually).

Xytsrm

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »

A service that runs after AHP is stopped is called X10Nets.exe; it can be see in the Task Manager (processes), or Services under the administration applications.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »

X10Nets.exe runs whenever Windows is loaded.  If you reboot and when Windows loads, open AHP.  You will see a bunch of modules that appear off, but the slider is blue.  That's because X10Nets.exe wasn't running when you shut Windows down.  When you reboot and Windows loads, X10Nets.exe can't deliver all module status to AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.