Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4827 Signal Booster  (Read 9420 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
4827 Signal Booster
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »

Anyone ever have any trouble with these stop working? Mine, the LED no longer lights up or anything

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: 4827 Signal Booster
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:27:36 PM »

On the off chance it is lost. have you tried unplugging it for a short time and then reconnecting it?
Not sure if a BoosterLinc has a factory reset method. If it does maybe trying that also may do something.
Next I guess would be a call to Smarthome Support.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »

On the off chance it is lost. have you tried unplugging it for a short time and then reconnecting it?
Not sure if a BoosterLinc has a factory reset method. If it does maybe trying that also may do something.

Yeah I have unplugged in, and held the reset button in like it says, same thing, I have an email into them, now to see what they say.

Geewiz

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

Yeah I have unplugged in, and held the reset button in like it says, same thing, I have an email into them, now to see what they say.

My Boosterlinc has proved to be generally unreliable, and has never successfully bridged to my Phase B.  I'll be interested to hear what you might learn from Smarthome!

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »

They told me to contact them back with all the purchasing info, however I had bought it from eBay, and I contacted the seller, I shipped it back to them on Friday, they should be getting it today. This SHOULDN'T bridge the 2 phases, this is just an amplifier of sorts, you need a phase coupler to connect the A and B phases, right?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:25:51 PM by idbl_fanatic »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »

Correct. The 4827 is not a phase coupler. It only boosts the X10 signal on the branch circuit it is connected to.
Now if you had a passive coupler and it was close to the BoosterLinc. By boosting the signals it could have a positive result on the other phase. It is not made to do that; but maybe.  ;D

Geewiz

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »

That's right.  I got mixed up on my model numbers.  I have the 4826B Coupler/Repeater, which has NEVER worked reliably.

I'm now in my second week of having installed Jeff Voip's XTB-IIR.  All I can say is WOW. 

If anyone is listening: if you are considering spending $100 on something like the 4826B...STOP!  Plunk down a little extra and order the XTB-IIR.  I'm now getting reliable signals throughout my 4,100 sq ft home. 

Thank you, Jeff!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »

I agree.  Jeff's products are the best.  It solved my weak signal strengths on several circuits.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »

That's right.  I got mixed up on my model numbers.  I have the 4826B Coupler/Repeater, which has NEVER worked reliably.

I'm now in my second week of having installed Jeff Voip's XTB-IIR.  All I can say is WOW. 

If anyone is listening: if you are considering spending $100 on something like the 4826B...STOP!  Plunk down a little extra and order the XTB-IIR.  I'm now getting reliable signals throughout my 4,100 sq ft home. 

Thank you, Jeff!

http://jvde.us/xtb/xtb_ordering.htm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:36:21 AM by JeffVolp »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback on the XTB-IIR.

While all the XTB info is still on my old AT&T webpage, it may be better to access the files directly through the JVDE website:

http://jvde.us/xtb_index.htm

All the X10 troubleshooting tutorials are available there too:

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

Jeff Thanks for the updated web links. I have added them to my Favorites and deleted the old ones.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.