Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle eye set up, what am I missing?  (Read 5611 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Eagle eye set up, what am I missing?
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »

ok, so I got my eagle eye today, I got it set up, it will turn on (in this case C13) with motion, but will not turn off. If I manually push the off, on the eagle eye, it will. What am I missing here? I have it set for a 1 min time out. I have it in my Kitchen to turn the lights on and off with movement (just testing right now)

thejfk

Re: Eagle eye set up, what am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »

Just a thought... maybe there is noise coming from the light when it's on,and it's blocking the signal.
Maybe pushing the off button on the unit gives a longer signal that's enough to overcome the noise.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

I have it set for a 1 min time out.

Is there a source of motion that is continually resetting the 1 min countdown timer, therefore not allowing the 1 min without motion to pass for it to send the off signal?

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:12:49 AM »

I have it set for a 1 min time out.

Is there a source of motion that is continually resetting the 1 min countdown timer, therefore not allowing the 1 min without motion to pass for it to send the off signal?

Not that I am aware of, I have set there and watched it on the computer, and there were no signs of it activating.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:41:05 AM »

The only other thing I can think of is that you have it set to detect motion only at night. When it first detects motion and turns the light on, it may be disabling itself from issuing an off signal (because it now senses light). This would explain why it does turn the light off when you press the sensors off button manually.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »

I believe if it has not timed out and sent the Off. A new motion detection resets the timeout. So if it is seeing constant motion. It may not time out.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

I believe if it has not timed out and sent the Off. A new motion detection resets the timeout. So if it is seeing constant motion. It may not time out.

I let it set all night, and it was still on in the morning, so I dunno at this point...........I checked it, and it "says" that it is set for on at all times, and set to 1 min time out.

I just checked the activity log, and from 10:21 last night, till 5:39 this morning, there was no transmission from this sensor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:14:57 PM by idbl_fanatic »

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »

I've had this happen to me.  In my case, I replaced the batteries.   I assumed the batteries had minimal voltage to send the on command, but one minute later there wasn't enough voltage to send the off command.  Over time the batteries built up enough voltage to again send an on command (when there was movement), but never the off command.  So, I would suggest testing your batteries for the proper voltage or change the batteries.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »

I've had this happen to me.  In my case, I replaced the batteries.   I assumed the batteries had minimal voltage to send the on command, but one minute later there wasn't enough voltage to send the off command.  Over time the batteries built up enough voltage to again send an on command (when there was movement), but never the off command.  So, I would suggest testing your batteries for the proper voltage or change the batteries.

I'll give that a try, these were new batteries, but it can't hurt.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »

idbl_fanatic,

• Have you tried setting up the eagle eye in another room and circuit. See if it responds there to either the same light or another light or module.
  • When motion is detected at first, you see the little red light flashing a few times, right. Do you see the light flashing in about a minute later?
  • If you thing noise may be a problem, Do you have CFLs in those lights?

With a little help, you'll nail it.

BaBaLou.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »

idbl_fanatic,

• Have you tried setting up the eagle eye in another room and circuit. See if it responds there to either the same light or another light or module.
  • When motion is detected at first, you see the little red light flashing a few times, right. Do you see the light flashing in about a minute later?
  • If you thing noise may be a problem, Do you have CFLs in those lights?

With a little help, you'll nail it.

BaBaLou.

I have it set up to the same address as a AM466, nothing connected to it at this time, just clicking off and on.

I haven't tried it in another location yet.

I haven't set there to see it it transmits (the light) off after a min, I will do this tonight.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »

Ok, so no, it does not flash after a min or so, but I DID notice that the light is constantly flasing VERY lightly

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »

Ok, so, just for giggles, I changed the batteries, no change, so I took the sensor into the family room to see if the light was lighting up when the minute time was done. I happened to set it next to me on the sofa, and all of the sudden *CLICK* it shut off!!! SO this got me thinking, so I changed locations, and moved it a little closer, and it is now working. So.....who knows, cause the sofa is a LOT farther away than where I had it originally.  ???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.