Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Send commands to CM15A via commandline over the network???  (Read 48975 times)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Send commands to CM15A via commandline over the network???
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

For psexec to work right I believe the pc HAS to have a password.  Also, unless they changed it, it won't work trying to send a command to XP Home. It has to be professional or higher.  Just my 2 cents.

Also, iHouse has this capability built in if you wanted to try it.  If so look in 3rd party programs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:32:05 AM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »

For psexec to work right I believe the pc HAS to have a password.  Also, unless they changed it, it won't work trying to send a command to XP Home. It has to be professional or higher.  Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure about the password thing on the "sending" PC, since psexec has the ability to set what credentials to use on the machine it is controlling. A password is definitely required on the "receiving" PC.
The OP didn't mention if HS is running XP Home or XP Pro. It seems that the remote computer (HS, in this case) must be running a "Pro" version of the OS.

A few more things I found:
1. Try using the IP address of the server, instead of the name. See if that makes a difference.

2. Make sure the "$Admin" share is enabled on HS.

3. Make sure that File and Printer sharing is enabled on HS in the firewall.

4. The account that you are using on HS has a password, right?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:56:09 AM by Noam »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

PC Companion can do this with X10Relayer.
iHouse can also do this (as hawk1 mentioned) as can several other thirdparty softwares.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »

if i try run it from another pc XP or Win7 with the server name HS

C:\PStools\psexec.exe \\HS "D:\Program files\Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON

it fails at HS saying

coundlt connect to hs:

the network path was not found

make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled on hs

Networking can be tricky at times.  Especially if you are using the name of the PC to connect to it.  I doubt that you are connected to a domain controller being a home network setup, so most likely you are using workgroup names.  If that is the case, make sure that ALL of your computers are set to be in the same workgroup.  If this is not done you can run into issues. 

Another route you could take is running the command using the IP address of the \\HS machine, so you would do that like this:
C:\PStools\psexec.exe \\192.168.1.10 "D:\Program files\Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON
Obviously you want to change the 192.168.1.10 to the IP address of your HS machine.  You may even want to set your IP addresses static on the machines.  Using the IP address route eliminates the need for the workgroups to all be the same. 
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Talisman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »

I'm not sure about the password thing on the "sending" PC, since psexec has the ability to set what credentials to use on the machine it is controlling. A password is definitely required on the "receiving" PC.
The OP didn't mention if HS is running XP Home or XP Pro. It seems that the remote computer (HS, in this case) must be running a "Pro" version of the OS.

A few more things I found:
1. Try using the IP address of the server, instead of the name. See if that makes a difference.

2. Make sure the "$Admin" share is enabled on HS.

3. Make sure that File and Printer sharing is enabled on HS in the firewall.

4. The account that you are using on HS has a password, right?

HS is running XP Pro.  other pc's on the network can see the server (HS) and i run ultravnc on all and can access it no probs. I just cant get this to fire across....

Tried using the IP i get access denied.

$Admin?? where do i find this? the Drive on the server is shared.

File and print sharing is on.

Yes HS has a password. Computer name is server, account is HS, and password is something! :)

Tried

d:\tools\pstools\psexec.exe \\192.168.167.100 -u HS -p ******* "C:\Program Files\ Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON

d:\tools\pstools\psexec.exe \\192.168.167.100 "C:\Program Files\ Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON

d:\tools\pstools\psexec.exe \\server -u HS -p ******* "C:\Program Files\ Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON

d:\tools\pstools\psexec.exe \\server "C:\Program Files\ Common Files\X10\Common\ahcmd.exe" sendplc A1 ON

none work
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:28:42 PM by Talisman »

hawk1

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »

Go into safe mode of the XP Pro pc and make sure the "administrator" has a password.

Something else to try:

In the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
    Open Local Security Policy.
    Navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options
    Change "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only" to Disabled
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:05:05 PM by hawk1 »

Talisman

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 04:00:38 AM »

Go into safe mode of the XP Pro pc and make sure the "administrator" has a password.

Something else to try:

In the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
    Open Local Security Policy.
    Navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options
    Change "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only" to Disabled

done, no difference.

if im on HTPC1 i can see in the network computers Server with shared drive d. i can access the file too....

doing my head in,.

getting access denied now......
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:39:43 AM by Talisman »

hawk1

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »

Try this: make a directory in the root directory called ahcmd and share it.  then copy ahcmd.exe  into that folder and try the psexec command for that folder.

Talisman

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »

Done.

Couldnt access server.
Access is denied.

(Im going to rebuild the server this weekend and install win7 on it, see if it makes any difference....)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »

One other thing to try:
Disable the "Guest" account on the XP machines.
I've seen that cause problems with accessing stuff across the network.

Another thing to try is to connect to the file system of the server from one of the PCs (using the correct server account credentials).
If you can't authenticate, then you need to solve that issue before PSEXEC will work.
This seems to be a permissions / authentication issue with Windows, which is preventing PSEXEC from working. Solve that, and you should be able to use it to run the AHCMD commands.

Talisman

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »

ill try these first n if no succsess ill re install anyway. (it needs it)

thank you for all your help. think ill be needing it again after re install if this does do the trick.

Talisman

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 08:17:06 AM »

ok fresh win7 install...

bloody same issue. cannot access server

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

ok fresh win7 install...

bloody same issue. cannot access server
It still sounds like a permissions issue to me.
Are you able to access any shared files on the server from one of the two other PCs?
It might be a limitation in XP Home.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

Are you able to access any shared files on the server from one of the two other PCs?
It might be a limitation in XP Home.

First, I doubt it is a limitation in XP home.  File and print sharing is available in all versions of windows.  I agree though that he should start by verifying file sharing between the PCs.  Another thing that could be hanging you up on this is Windows firewall.  try temporarily disabling windows firewall ( on ALL PCs) and give it a test.  If you can then access the other machines, that is probably your issue and you then need to figure out what port you need to open up on the firewall(s).

To test file sharing between machines, go to a machine that you have a share set up on and get it's IP address and the name of the share.  Next, go to one of the other machines and go to a run box by holding down the Win key and pressing R on the keyboard.  In the Run dialog box type \\{ip address of remote machine}\{share name on remote machine} and see if it lets you access the files.  If you can't access them from that, it could be as Noam says, a permissions issue.  in that case you need to check your shared folder to see who has access to it.  heck out this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/File-sharing-essentials

Let us know your progress.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

hawk1

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »

I know for a fact that I read somewhere that you can not send a psexec command to a XP Home pc it has to be XP Pro.  I too went through this problem a while back and found it in the Systernal's forum somewhere.

If it is XP Pro that your sending it to then it will work just have to work out the kinks.   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.