Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So confused... (new setup/what equipment??)  (Read 11959 times)

shadowhywind

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
So confused... (new setup/what equipment??)
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

Hi all, i have been doing my research and am hoping to be placing an order for my x10 supplies. At the moment I have a CM11A, appliance modules, socketrockets, slimlight wall switch, and a RR501 transceiver.
So i have the basic easy stuff all working. However I would like to move over and start messing with the security side of X10, and am confused on what I all need, and how to connect it all together.
What I would like to see happen, is I would like to use, a few DS10A, the motion sensors, and the motion/camera sensors. So i believe I will have to pick up a W800RF32A to get the signal from the security devices, will it also accept the camera signals as well?
Also if i wanted say if the DS10A, or the motion sensor goes off and want it to turn on a light, I would have to have the CM11A send the powerline signal correct? Any help would be great. Thanks

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: So confused... (new setup/what equipment??)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »

Hi all, i have been doing my research and am hoping to be placing an order for my x10 supplies. At the moment I have a CM11A, appliance modules, socketrockets, slimlight wall switch, and a RR501 transceiver.
So i have the basic easy stuff all working. However I would like to move over and start messing with the security side of X10, and am confused on what I all need, and how to connect it all together.
What I would like to see happen, is I would like to use, a few DS10A, the motion sensors, and the motion/camera sensors. So i believe I will have to pick up a W800RF32A to get the signal from the security devices, will it also accept the camera signals as well?

No.  The W800RF32A will receive only the 310 MHz RF signals from standard X10 and security X10 remotes and sensors (including the motion detection signal from the motion/camera).   The video signals from the wireless camera are transmitted at a much higher frequency.
Also if i wanted say if the DS10A, or the motion sensor goes off and want it to turn on a light, I would have to have the CM11A send the powerline signal correct? Any help would be great. Thanks

That's correct, and easily done with the W800RF32A and CM11A if you are running Heyu.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

shadowhywind

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

What would i need for the video signal then, or is that out of the scope of heyu?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »

What would i need for the video signal then, or is that out of the scope of heyu?

Heyu doesn't deal with the video signal, just with the RF and powerline commands used to turn the X10 camera power supplies on or off.  But these signals can launch any arbitrary program you like.

You probably need one of the video receivers that X-10 usually sells bundled with their cameras.  I haven't looked in a long time so don't know if anyone has written Linux drivers for X-10's VA11 Video-USB interface.  You could feed the video output directly into a TV or VCR.  I've used a PC with a TV input card in the past, but haven't done anything recently.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.