Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SENTINEL PROBLEM  (Read 9329 times)

sdw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SENTINEL PROBLEM
« on: November 27, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »

I RECENTLY PURCHASE A SENTINEL CAMERA, AND IT WORKED FINE. THEN THE OTHER DAY WE LOST POWER FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. WHEN THE POWER CAME BACK ON, THE CAMERA SLEWED ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT. AND NOW WHEN YOU PUSH ANY OF THE ARROW BUTTONS  TO MOVE IT, IT WILL MOVE TO WHERE YOU SEND IT. BUT AS SOON AS YOU LET UP ON THE ARROW BUTTON IT SLEWS BACK TO THE RIGHT AND STAYS THERE. IF YOU PUSH A POSISTION BUTTON, IT SLEWS TO THAT POSITION AND THEN MOVES BACK TO THE RIGHT AGAIN.
  I'VE TRIED UNPLUGGING IT. I'VE TRIED FLIPING THE SWITCH TO PROGRAM AND BACK. I'VE TRIED DELETING THE CAMERA POSITIONS, BUT NOTHING WORKS. ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. I'VE HAD IT FOR 36 DAYS, SO THE 30 WARRANY IS UP. HELP! HELP!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: SENTINEL PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »

sdw
Welcome to the forums,first off please avoid using all caps as this is frowned on and seen as shouting by many!
How long did you leave it Unplugged for?
What happens when you send the center command?
If it is all the way to the right does sending a pan right command do any thing?
You don't say where you had it mounted is it possible water got in it?
If so have you tried setting so any water inside could drain out and dry up?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 02:17:37 PM »

It may be defective. While the "money back period" may only be 30 days, I'm pretty sure the warranty is longer.
By default the camera returns to the center position after a power loss.
I'd monitor the activity via AHP and see if you have a continuous signal being sent from possibly a stuck remote button.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

sdw

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

sdw
Welcome to the forums,first off please avoid using all caps as this is frowned on and seen as shouting by many!
How long did you leave it Unplugged for?
What happens when you send the center command?
If it is all the way to the right does sending a pan right command do any thing?
You don't say where you had it mounted is it possible water got in it?
If so have you tried setting so any water inside could drain out and dry up?
sorry, i type in caps because i'm old and i'm far sighted. it won't do a sweep, it has not gotten wet, it has rain here in 2 weeks, and its in a sealed container. if you hit the center command it go to center then just goes right back to the right and sets there. we had a power outage and it wasn't because of weather just happened don't know why the camera would act like that. i've had the regular x10 cameras for 10 years now and never had one do this. i think it's a software problem. what do you think?

sdw

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

It may be defective. While the "money back period" may only be 30 days, I'm pretty sure the warranty is longer.
By default the camera returns to the center position after a power loss.
I'd monitor the activity via AHP and see if you have a continuous signal being sent from possibly a stuck remote button.

i think if a button was stuck the light on the c1 button would be on continuously. any other idea?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »

I doubt it is a software issue!
Close the software and use the remote to move the cam!
To test if it is the cam unplug the transceiver that controls it, unplug the cam  and plug it back in if it centers and stays there then the cam is fine and it is some thing else.
To test the remotes remove the batteries then plug back in the transceiver and use the software to move the cam
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »

...i type in caps because i'm old and i'm far sighted...
Does your mouse have a center rolling button by any chance?
If so, rotate that while holding down your control key. You can shrink and expand the text on your screen.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.