Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C.H.A.D.  (Read 10055 times)

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
C.H.A.D.
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »

Does anyone use the CHAD software
http://www.improvingtomorrow.com/index.asp

I downloaded the free trail but they really limit what you can do with it.  Wanted to get anyone opinion on it.

I like the floorplan control layout also the personal asst. to help remind you or up to 5 separate family members of dates by voice, email, and even mobile devices. Its does show a outlook sync up button to but not for the free trial.  It also as a information section to update you on weather,stocks,traffic,phone calls.
The TV reminder listing is another service you have to pay for and is not included in the price of CHAD.

I  don't think the $99.95 price tag is worth it just for the floorplan layout  (which is what is drawing me to the software) The macro's might work better then AHP but the trail version only lets you set one device in a macro  :'( also it looks like you cant set up light switches in it?? Or I guess all light switches in CHAD are setup as lamp modules I don't think the software cares what module it just send the house code command. It also as a thermostat control but after looking into it the cost of the thermostat is $200+ maybe worth it to some!!

Side note... I do have it running with AHP  and BVC. They all seem to play nice with each other. But AHP is only need for me now cause the trail version of CHAD don't let you program macros. Plus CHAD will not download to the Cm15 so if you don't want to run a computer all the time its not the program for you.

If you use it let us know what you think plus others check out the site and let us know of any pro's and cons you see. Just another software option!!
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: C.H.A.D.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »

There is other floorplan style software out there!
If that is all your looking for without the extras check out SDK created Programs!
I also remember suppling  -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) a sample code for this, maybe with some encouragement he'll add it!
Sorry Bill! rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »

There is other floorplan style software out there!
If that is all your looking for without the extras check out SDK created Programs!
I also remember suppling  -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) a sample code for this, maybe with some encouragement he'll add it!
Sorry Bill! rofl

I did look there but the only one that was listed had no link or anything to his software. The last thing I read from him was he was looking at selling it but no information after that.
The floorplan is all I'm wanting out of it but the CHAD software as lot of neat features but most can be found in other peoples free software!! It looks like nice  but wish the free trail would let you do more cause it does cost allot to just hope its want you want!!!

I'm sure Bill will had the floor plan idea to is famous to do "list"  rofl
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »

I did look there but the only one that was listed had no link or anything to his software. ..........The floorplan is all I'm wanting

HomeZIX (AKA homevista) had a floorplan in there software. If I remember correctly... you might need a little coding knowledge to use their product.

http://www.automationvista.com/
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »

I was even downloading the Homezix trail when you posted this Dave  :)%

It looks like what I want you can import images along with floor plans. It doesnt have macro control or anything but I can use AHP for that and then just have the Homezix for a more User friendly interface

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.