Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frequency or channel switch on Power Mid remote extenders  (Read 15100 times)

Bschwartz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Frequency or channel switch on Power Mid remote extenders
« on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »

I have just tried out the Powermid remote extender and I find it is working better(more consistent) than a competing product I was currently using tried.(I also previously tried the X10 extender that came with the wireless video sender/receiver system and that never worked at all.)

However if you want to use more than one transmitter/receiver combination, i.e. use 2 sets of devices to use this product in different rooms(i.e upstairs and downstairs for SEPARATE cable boxes of the same brand) you encounter a problem as you will be controlling a cable box/tv etc that you do not wish to control .  The range is excellent, but therein lies the problem. 

I don't know if there are channels or frequencies available, a switch would be great to put the 2 sets of boxes on different set-ups.

Hope this is understandable, if not clear.
Bob S.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Frequency or channel switch on Power Mid remote extenders
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:55:31 PM »

However if you want to use more than one transmitter/receiver combination, i.e. use 2 sets of devices to use this product in different rooms(i.e upstairs and downstairs for SEPARATE cable boxes of the same brand) you encounter a problem as you will be controlling a cable box/tv etc that you do not wish to control..........

I don't know if there are channels or frequencies available, a switch would be great to put the 2 sets of boxes on different set-ups.

I have more than one brand of remote transmitter/receiver.... and they seem to me to use the same FCC approved frequency. If you wish to do something like a theater AND a 2nd bedroom... maybe you could use a hardwired system on one of them.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Frequency or channel switch on Power Mid remote extenders
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »

Back a few years ago, as a tentative companion product to the CM14A, there was an enhanced PowerMid that had a "unit code".   Basically, creating PowerMid transmitter/receiver pairs, and allowing multiple independent pairs.   I assume it died, along with the CM14A, in beta test.   
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

lberry_jr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: sending unit on signal when power is applied to units 120 outlet jack
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:43:07 AM »

What units will I need that when the power on my stereo is turned on and 120 appears on the rear outlet to turn on by wireless other systems?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: sending unit on signal when power is applied to units 120 outlet jack
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

What units will I need that when the power on my stereo is turned on and 120 appears on the rear outlet to turn on by wireless other systems?

Yes.. many receivers has a 120 volt power receptacle at the rear of unit that can power up other devices when the receiver is turned on. That "plug" could power a powermid type IR re-sender. What would you like to use that power for?

In my Home Theater I use an appliance module to turn on both the IR device as well as the sub-woofer.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.