Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DS7000, voice dialer not working  (Read 37340 times)

akwebb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: DS7000, voice dialer not working
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »

Glad to know I'm not alone in the magicjack/dialer issue!  Thanks for the recommendations.  I have put this project on hold while I am working on other projects. When I get a chance, I'll pull an old modem and install it to see if that will work. THANK! :)

davideinmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »

After speaking some to Tuiceman he has given me some insight into using AHP with alertDialer (which does dial well with a voice modem on the magicjack) I will be working on some macros to create a workaround and will try to post them if I get them working right. Any other solutions in the meantime that would take lewss work would be great.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

To davideinmd  and all Magic Jack users:
If you have a  CM15a and a modem I've created a little program that may be of some use to you!
X10SW
It saves one from having to build multiple macros to trigger a dial out program on a security trigger!
You can even set Windows hyperterminal to dial out it doesn't have to be AlertDialer! ;)
Though I prefere a voice message to dead air when I answer the call ! rofl
 >!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:15:11 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

akwebb

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:24 AM »

Tuiceman, Thank you for your continued support.  I am just now jumping back into this topic after leaving it alone for a few months so I apologize for re energizing an old post.  The only question I had for you was, how do you setup HyperTerminal to dial out automatically once x10sw starts it?  I've created a .ht with my number, but it asks for you to press 'dial'.  My programming days are long past me, so I apologize for the ID10T questions.  Thanks for all your help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »

I'm not sure if you can get hyperterminal to auto dial out (been Years since I played with it).
However you could use a script tool like AutoHotkey which will make an exe file that will perform mouse clicks and keyboard clicks thus automating Hyperterminal.
You could also use AlertDialer or a program like it.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

akwebb

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »

Thanks for the prompt response, now one issue I am getting.  I tested the software x10sw and it worked as advertised, when the alarm was triggered (flashing the lights), x10sw saw it and gave the notification.  Now that I have tested a batch file to fire alertdialer and added it into the  "start another application", I can't get the program to trigger.  Do x10dispatcher or ahp or both have to be running to trigger x10sw?  Where does the x10 program look for the all on all off setting?

==>OK, troubleshooting.  It now appears that my cm15 and ds7000 won't communicate, it actually appears that the CM15 won't do anything.  I only have one light module installed and that is set to the same house code and number as the ds7000, so that when alarm is triggered, I get the all lights on/off flashing.  When alarm is triggered now, the light still flashes, but nothing is shown on the log and the module in AHP doesn't show the lights going on and off.  The module also doesn't allow control of this lamp anymore.  Any ideas here?  I know this is now becoming another issue so is should move this elsewhere, but it all ties back into what I was working on this morning.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:10:48 PM by akwebb »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »

x10sw uses the AHP SDK and watches for signals from the DS7000!
Neither X10Dispatcher nor AHP needs to be running, how ever a working CM15A or CM19A needs to be connected to the PC.

Since your CM15A seems to be dead try the  battery reset ritual,clear the interface then upload Ahp info to the interface.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

akwebb

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

Thanks again for the the reply.  I had done just that and all is good.  Since AHP was fairly empty, I just cleared everything out of it and started over.  Now, on to another question.  X10SW is successfully working, and I created a bat file to get AlertDialer to dial out, perfect.  The problem is now that AlertDialer will not close, and is just hung up.  When I receive the call, it is going through the default security message and at the end, it says hit * to hangup or # to enter a command.  Keeping it simple, I try * and nothing happens.  I hangup, my phone interface hangs up, but AlertDialer is showing that the message is still playing.  Any ideas on this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »

If I remember AlertDialer should say goodbye If it doesn't it didn't hear the * (hang up) tone you may need to press the * button a couple of times.
Static on the line can also prevent AlertDialer from hearing the hang up tone.
You could also try the # key followed by the * key.
AlertDialer should detect a hangup after a time and reset itself.
 >!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:24:19 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.