Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Security System HELP  (Read 13251 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: New Security System HELP
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

>! Thanks Tom j. !!!

I ordered mine a week or so ago from the same guy you gave me the link for. He's a fast shipper !!!

:)% Looks Good on the wall also !
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

tom j

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »

>! Thanks Tom j. !!!

I ordered mine a week or so ago from the same guy you gave me the link for. He's a fast shipper !!!

:)% Looks Good on the wall also !

Great glad I could help did you order those large Powerhorns to?? And hows everything working out with the system??

Tom j.

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »

:'( No I didn't get the Big Power Horns yet.... Gonna get them on my next order ( :' Don't tell the wife.....)

System is doing well, still can't figure out how to set it up to dial out with Magic Jack.....

BaBaLou.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »

X10 has those brackets too for $10 each. Bought one once and second time got it for free with a little barrter and nice order.  #:) x10

tom j

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »

:'( No I didn't get the Big Power Horns yet.... Gonna get them on my next order ( :' Don't tell the wife.....)

System is doing well, still can't figure out how to set it up to dial out with Magic Jack.....

Humm.... can't you just hook it up directly to the Magic Jack with one of those adapters that lets you plug in multiple phones?? I know with Skype you have to dial the area code first. Doesn't seem like it would be to difficult. You definitely want the dial out capacity so if God forbid someone gets in you want to be notified. Also if you're serious about home security you need to beef up your doors and perimeter defences, got a link somewhere that I'll try to post for you. Check in from time to time have some other goodies for you!  ;D

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »

Say Kramer what you to do me a favor and check out something on your new system. Let me know when you have a minute. Thanks!

Tom j.

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »

Sure thing tom j.... What do you need?

(Sent you a PM)

tom j

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 02:35:00 AM »

Hi Kramer want you to try one or both if you have time of your motion detectors in the 2 movement mode. Just push the little switch on the back of the detector from 1 to 2. After you let it settle for a few minutes x10 says 45 seconds but the 2 movement appears to take longer, walk into the room and see how many steps it takes for the motion detector to pick you up. Might be easier to see the little light on the detector after sunset or at night. And make sure that you generated new codes for the motion and window/door sensors like I suggested or you can get false alarms down the road. Just.. well I'll tell you why after you do this little test. Thanks!

Tom j.

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 09:10:57 AM »

tom j,

I will give it a shot for you... The only problem is our house is small and we have 2 dogs which walk around the main floor of the house. So I don't have any Motion Sensors set on Main Floor. I do have them in the basement, there is NO movement down there unless we are feeding the chins. So I will test one of those sensors out.

tom j

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:32 PM »

tom j,

I will give it a shot for you... The only problem is our house is small and we have 2 dogs which walk around the main floor of the house. So I don't have any Motion Sensors set on Main Floor. I do have them in the basement, there is NO movement down there unless we are feeding the chins. So I will test one of those sensors out.

Thanks just saw your PM message I'll check guess I must of missed it initially. Got some important information concerning by passing the system that you should be aware of. Thanks just testing the one in the basement will be fine. Count the steps and let me know, Thanks!

Tom j.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.