Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Security System HELP  (Read 13247 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
New Security System HELP
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »

Ok I already have AHP and 4 camera surveillance system. We have also just purchased a  Security System, here's what's coming..........

16 Door/Window Sensor DS10A
4 Security Keychain Remote KR10A
4 Screw-in Lamp Module LM15A
8 Lamp Module LM465
8 Security Surveillance Decal MM024
2 Wireless Motion Sensor MS10A
1 EagleEye Motion Sensor MS14A
1 Voice Dialer Console PS561
1 Remote Chime SC546A
1 Mini Powerhorn SH10A
1 Security Remote Control SH624
1 Small Wireless Transceiver TM751

My question is: Is there a certain way I need to install this? Should I put each room on a different house code? Do I need to install sensors into AHP before installing them in the console? Should I take up drinking before I start this task, etc. ???

I'm new to all the X10 stuff and have been reading different post... And let me say it's a little confusing. Especially being new to all this!! All the different lingo and terms........

Any help would be GRATEFUL !!!!!
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New Security System HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:54:51 AM »

Is there a certain way I need to install this? Should I put each room on a different house code?
A lot is personal preference! there are sticky threads covering this!
Do I need to install sensors into AHP before installing them in the console?
No!
I'm new to all the X10 stuff and have been reading different post... And let me say it's a little confusing
Again there are sticky threads that I and others have created to help weed out the confusion!
Sticky threads are post that are stuck to the top of a section.
They remain there so newer posts don't bury the thread !

an example
Topic: X10 Issues? Please Read This First!  (Read 33500 times) <link
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »

Ok I already have AHP and 4 camera surveillance system. We have also just purchased a  Security System. My question is: Is there a certain way I need to install this? Should I put each room on a different house code? Do I need to install sensors into AHP before installing them in the console? Should I take up drinking before I start this task, etc. ?
I'm new to all the X10 stuff and have been reading different post... And let me say it's a little confusing. Especially being new to all this!! All the different lingo and terms........ Any help would be GRATEFUL !!!!!

Welcome to the Forum Kramer Chins

I think it's great when a new user jumps into X10 with both feet. But I think it could also be a little over-whelming too. I'd take my time if I was you... do one thing at a time.. and be sure to remember to have fun. Often X10 doesn't work out-of-the-box.... because it really isn't plug-N-play... but it does all work. So don't get frustrated it will all work out.

You asked you "should take up drinking before you start this task". I don't drink myself... so I know it isn't required. However I also understand many X10 users do make it part of the process.. so have fun.. and keep posting/reading.
   >!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »

...You asked you "should take up drinking before you start this task". I don't drink myself... so I know it isn't required. However I also understand many X10 users do make it part of the process...
I don't drink either but there have been times that I wish I had had a bottle handy to clobber Murphy.  ;D
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

originalevil

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • We could do some watercolors together. You and I.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »

Hi Kramer! welcome to the board!

I ended up writing a novel in reply to your post, so I'm just going to send it as a private message!

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:27 PM »

Ok I already have AHP and 4 camera surveillance system. We have also just purchased a  Security System, here's what's coming..........

8 Lamp Module LM465
1 Remote Chime SC546A
1 Mini Powerhorn SH10A

My question is: Is there a certain way I need to install this? Should I put each room on a different house code? Do I need to install sensors into AHP before installing them in the console? Should I take up drinking before I start this task, etc. ???

I'm new to all the X10 stuff and have been reading different post... And let me say it's a little confusing. Especially being new to all this!! All the different lingo and terms........

WOW, your going to be busy for a while setting this up :)

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »

:D I think you're right......  :' Probably longer then I'll want to be..... (Or should I say longer then the wife will want me to be)

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »

???  Where can I find a Mounting Bracket for my DS7000? I see them on complete sets (which I already have), just need the bracket.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »

Here is one place:  http://stores.ebay.com/Sheridan-b5s-X-10-Home-Automation
There are other sources, but I have had good service with this dealer............

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

>!  Thanks JMac..............

tom j

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »

8 Lamp Module LM465
1 Remote Chime SC546A
1 Mini Powerhorn SH10A

Hay Kramer hows your system coming along? One thing be sure to GENERATE NEW CODES for everything motion detectors/door window or you can get false alarms, this is very important if you have any problems just let us know someone here will be able to help and try to relax. Enjoy!

Tom j.

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »

;) Thanks tom j !!!

Still getting all sensors mounted where I want them, and waiting on my bracket for the DS7000. It's a slow go for me!  :'( Just not enough time in the day for everything......

But trust me if I have any questions I will be on here posting !!!!!!

tom j

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »

;) Thanks tom j !!!
 :o
 Still getting all sensors mounted where I want them, and waiting on my bracket for the DS7000. It's a slow go for me!  :'( Just not enough time in the day for everything......

But trust me if I have any questions I will be on here posting !!!!!!

Hi Kramer! well you actually couldn't have bought your system at a better time, really! x10 has gotten practically all the bugs out of this thing and the motion detectors are now excellent, check my post on the "MS10a's False Alarms??" see link below. These things were absolute junk when they first came out I had to send mine back at least 4 times before I got one to work and that one never worked in the 1st step mode, also had to return my console multiple times, and when the sensors first came out they were powered by 9 volt batteries that only lasted 7 months or so and the whole system was just plagued with problems.

I recently programed a mega system for a friend and EVERYTHING WORKED  :o unbelievable! And say if you like the system buy some backup equipment especially one of the consoles they have a deal periodically for 50 bucks for a console and a couple window/door and the big red panic button. Also pick up a couple motion sensors after all this stuff is made in China and although unlikely something could fail and if it does you want a backup. Also make sure you have the extended warranty on your main system it's really cheap insurance and can save you a bundle. And lastly be careful when setting up your motion detectors and try not to point them at bright sunny windows especially east facing windows and away from heat sources. Let us know how everything works out. Good Luck you probably have a good system. O Yeah and what ever you do don't let anyone outside your home know that your system is x10 although unlikely someone may know how to circumvent the system don't put up those x10 stickers or if you do be sure to cut off the x10 part. Good Luck, and Take A Bit Out Of Crime!   ;D

Tom j.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=16095.0

tom j

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »

Say I forgot to mention you really should get that three pack of those large powerhorns, these things are really nice and work flawlessly. As a matter of fact I have one that has to be ten years old or close to that and it still functions like the day I first plugged it in. These things are really loud which is the idea. I saw a burglar being interviewed on a local news channel and they asked him what people could do to keep folks like himself out of their homes he mentioned neighborhood watch and lighting then he said he broke into one house and the sirens were so loud that he came in the back and out the front he just couldn't stand the noise. The small SH10A's are better then nothing but if you really what to get a burglars attention get some of the PH508 large powerhorns. See link below, you can get three for 39.99 Incredible deal.

Tom J.

http://www.x10.com/products/ph508_ed_3f1.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:15:01 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »

???  Where can I find a Mounting Bracket for my DS7000? I see them on complete sets (which I already have), just need the bracket.

Here's the direct link, think 'll pick one up myself.

Tom j.

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-10-PS561-DS7000-Security-System-Wall-Bracket-NEW-X10_W0QQitemZ260331930398QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50587QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.