Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how secure is the X10 Vanguard server?  (Read 8716 times)

jandg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
how secure is the X10 Vanguard server?
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »

Newbie here, although we scoured the forum for many dark hours trying to overcome frustrating installation problems ........

Anyhow, now our Vanguard system (wireless cams) is up and running (or seemed to be) - today I was on-line remotely checking my cameras, when suddenly I began to see footage from a snow-covered farm!!   So my question is - how comes I could see someone else's footage?  I logged off immediately but - coincidentally??? -  I have since been unable to log back on remotely.  I did have logmein installed previously, but no more as it clashed with Vanguard - so I couldnt turn Vanguard off & on again on the home server.  I spoke with tech support and they are sending me a new software download & new registration code.

Any ideas how this could have this happened?

Also, if I need to re-start my computer at home, it wont re-boot with the VA12A plugged in - so if we have a power outage at the house, i'm offline until i can get home and unplug the VA12A. 

Not an ideal situation.

Thanks for any input!

jwd0695

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: how secure is the X10 Vanguard server?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

You sure have some valid questions.  I can't really help you out.  I just purchased the same type of set up.  I am just now doing the research.  I sure hope I didn't get into something that will have issues down road.  I will monitor this thread and see what responce's you will get.

Good luck :)+

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.