Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newbie can't program homelink to operate lights  (Read 11237 times)

gadgets

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie can't program homelink to operate lights
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

I am prety new to Active Home Pro.  I purchased it within the last 3 weeks.  I searched this forum before posting but was unable to find answer to my issue. 

I am trying to program the Homelink on my 2008 Acura TL to work a WS13A from Active Home Pro.  I am using a HR12A to program the Homelink.  The lights on the homelink in my vehicle indicate that they are programmed.  However, when I press the button, I get no response.

When I press A10 On or Off  from the HR12A, it works great.

To program the homelink, I have tried the following:

1. Position the remote transmitter 1 - 3 inches from the Homelink button
2. Press and hold button 2 on the HomeLink and press A10 On (Light is set for A10) on the HR12A.  The lights on the homelink eventually flash fast.  I let go of both the homelink button and the HR12A button.
3. Press button 2 on homelink.  The lights don't turn on.

I also tried the following:
1. Position the remote transmitter 1 -3 inches from the Homelink button
2. Press and hold button 2 on the HomeLink and press A10 On (Light is set for A10) on the HR12A.  Press and hold the HR12A for 2 seconds and release.  Repeat this step.  I never get the homelink light to flash fast. 
3. Press button 2 on homelink.  The lights don't turn on.

Not sure if it matters or not, but I have button one on the homelink programmed for my garage door opener and it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Newbie can't program homelink to operate lights
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:22:21 PM »

Did you do an advanced search?
I found this setup information!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gadgets

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »

Thank you for your quick reply.  I had read this link earlier and followed the recommendation but was unsuccessful.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »

I'm unfamiliar with homelink but there maybe others that have had success with it that will jump in! ???
You may need to contact homelink directly for programing help! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:11 AM »

The CM15A is not known for great RF reception distances. Have you tried the HR12A in the same general area as where the car sends the signals? It maybe programmed fine and the CM15A isn't receiving the signals.

gadgets

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

I had the HR12A in the same location as the Homelink.  The HR12A works fine but the Homelink does not work at all.  From the indicators on the homelink, it blinks slowly and then rapidly.  I found a posting indicating that the rapid blinking means that the Homelink was successfully trainined.  I tried this in two different vehicles that both have Homelink and saw the same results.

Any assistance I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »

Just checked the HomeLink site, it's not compatible with X10.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »

Do you have the vehicle interface shown in the link dave w gave?
That maybe the answer. Picture looks like it has X10 House and Unit dials on it.  :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »

Brian,

The HomeLink "Vehicle Interface" is a Homelink X10 transceiver for homes that do not already have a X10 transceiver. If you already have a TM751, RR501, or CM15A Home Link works fine with out the HomeLink Vehicle Interface.

I have HomeLink in one car and contrary to what Dan states, HomeLink is completely compatible with X10. It opens our garage door, and triggers macros via Homeseer. I use the CM15A as my transceiver.

HomeLink is really neat in that it scans and identifies the remotes (X10, garage door, etc) transmit frequency (this is the slow blink training),  then analyzes and emulates the modulated code on the carrier (the fast blink training).

Gadgets,

I was successful programming HomeLink when I followed the instructions in the vehicle manual exactly up to the final point when the indicator light for the Homelink button you are training, changes from slow blink to fast blink. My vehicle instructions instructions say the button is now trained, implying you can release the buttons (which is wrong). Don't release either HomeLink or X10 buttons yet. Keep them held until the fast flashing HomeLink indicator quits blinking completely, then it is trained.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:06:17 PM by dave w »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 06:39:26 AM »

dave w; Thanks for that information.

gadgets

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »

Thank you all very much for your assistance.  Unfortunately, I am still unable to get the lights to turn on.  Works great with the HR12A.  I tried holding the Homelink button in my car and the HR12A button simultaneously as suggested until the HomeLink light flashed slowly, then rapidly, then went off.  However, when I press the homelink button again, it won't turn on the light.  I also had purchased a 30001 from Homelink before I saw this post.  I am unable to get it to work either.  The first step in the directions for the 30001 says to switch the 30001 to train mode.  Then press and hold the homelink button until the 30001 beeps.  I never hear it beep. 

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:45 PM »

Just checked the HomeLink site, it's not compatible with X10.

http://www.homelink.com/brands/lighting.tml  :'

Homelink is selling AHP with all the plug-ins but is not billing it as AHP, but Active Home.  When you look at the specs, it is AHP as the CM15A is included.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »

Thank you all very much for your assistance.  Unfortunately, I am still unable to get the lights to turn on.  Works great with the HR12A.  I tried holding the Homelink button in my car and the HR12A button simultaneously as suggested until the HomeLink light flashed slowly, then rapidly, then went off. 
However, when I press the homelink button again, it won't turn on the light.  I also had purchased a 30001 from Homelink before I saw this post.  I am unable to get it to work either.  The first step in the directions for the 30001 says to switch the 30001 to train mode.  Then press and hold the homelink button until the 30001 beeps.  I never hear it beep. 

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm lost. My Homelink worked when I held the Palm Pad button until the HomeLink "learn" light quit blinking (this did not follow the instructions in the vehicle manual). Is it possible the HomeLink signal is not getting to your CM15A?

What is the 30001?

gadgets

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »

The 30001 is from HomeLink.  It is part of the HomeLink Kit I was sold to make it compatible with X10.  I don't know if the signal is getting to the CM15A.  I have the CM15A upstairs because I read that I could get a better signal that way.  I found that to be true.  Honestly, I'm not sure if I am having noise problems or not.  I also can't get a timer to work in the house. 

Thanks again for your assistance.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.