Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 Arming/Disarming "BEEP"  (Read 7777 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
DS7000 Arming/Disarming "BEEP"
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:57:57 AM »

Is there a way to make the "Arming/Disarming" Beep a little quieter????

I get up way before anyone else in the house and have to let the dogs out, so I have to "Disarm" the system before I open the door which makes that LOUD double BEEP..... I put my hand over the console horns before disarming, and hope no one wakes up.... I understand you need the "Confirmation" beeps to let you know it's armed or disarmed, but do they need to be so damn loud?

Maybe they need to make it so when you set it "Armed Home" it has a softer/quieter confirmation beep ?.?.?.?.
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: DS7000 Arming/Disarming "BEEP"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:17:35 AM »

Others have said the same thing... only never mentioned why they didn't want it so loud. I always wondered why they would want the beep quieter. The only way I ever heard of is to duct tape over or duct tape some padding over the beeper. You may try putting the console itself in a cabinet or something.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

I see a mod coming! rofl
Kramer Chins
I know your unit is new and modding will void the warranty but you might wish to think about some way of adding a volume control! ;)
Maybe some one has already done this and will jump in! ::) :'
A how to is always helpful! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »

Mine is so remote... with the noise of entering the house I could easily miss the signal... until the delay ends and the alarm sounds.  So I set a chime to the same H/U code as the console and the chime chimes along with the console... when I enter.

Big-MO

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »

Mine is so remote... with the noise of entering the house I could easily miss the signal... until the delay ends and the alarm sounds.  So I set a chime to the same H/U code as the console and the chime chimes along with the console... when I enter.

Dave what kind of chime did you use. this is one of my problems as i can not hear the unit arm and disarm before i open the door... T

Thanks
Mo

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »

Dave what kind of chime did you use. this is one of my problems as i can not hear the unit arm and disarm before i open the door...

I use a regular old X10 chime. I set it to the same House/Unit code as the DS7000 and plug it into a plug in the garage. It gives me a heads up If I forget to disarm the alarm...but it won't chime when the alarm is set. I use a Security Remote (SH624) with the delay set on max or the Icon RF remote to arm the console from inside.

I also have a small RED Light Bulb in a SocketRocket in the garage set to the security house code (a light in the window might work as well). But the idea is.. if for any reason the alarm was tiggered and my wife or I missed the phone call.. we still would be warned off from entering a home with an intruder inside.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:07:21 AM by Dave_x10_L »

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »

I get up way before anyone else in the house and have to let the dogs out, so I have to "Disarm" the system before I open the door which makes that LOUD double BEEP..... I put my hand over the console horns before disarming, and hope no one wakes up.... I understand you need the "Confirmation" beeps to let you know it's armed or disarmed, but do they need to be so damn loud?

Maybe they need to make it so when you set it "Armed Home" it has a softer/quieter confirmation beep ?.?.?.?.

Hi Kramer! The older units were much quieter, noticed it right away when I installed a newer unit for a friend.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.