Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Increase Range on Wireless Camera System.  (Read 20274 times)

mistacandy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Increase Range on Wireless Camera System.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »

I will not turn off my firewall, or shut down my router! Just because I have a security camera doesn't mean I have to make something else less secure! I've had this system for seven months now, and I am still not satisfied. I should have spent my three hundred dollars somewhere else.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »

I will not turn off my firewall, or shut down my router! Just because I have a security camera doesn't mean I have to make something else less secure! I've had this system for seven months now, and I am still not satisfied. I should have spent my three hundred dollars somewhere else.

mistacandy I reviewed this thread and all 3 of your posts. I failed to see where anyone even mentioned "turning off a firewall, or shutting down a router".

Thousands of users have found help here... at these forums. But popping on-line every couple of months to post a gripe and say what you refuse to do.. might not be the fastest way to accomplish your desired results.

Have you resolved you RF reception issues?  Are you now attempting to view your cameras remotely over the Web? Clearly stating.. what you have, and what your trying to accomplish, as well as where you are in the process would be helpful to those who want to help you.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »

mistycandy, sorry to here you are still having problems.  You don't indicate in your last post whether or not you tried any of the suggestions that we gave you already.  We would hate to give you repeat advise.

The users on this forum are just that, users.  We don't work for x10.  If you have a problem you can do 1 of 2 things or both.  You can call x10 customer support or you can try to be friendly on this forum and have the users here try to help you with your problem.

When you say you've had this system for 7 months, and you've only posted 3 times and those 3 times are just rants and raves about how you wasted your money, then no your probably not going to get your other two cameras working and you should just put it all back in a box and go spend another 300 dollars on something else.

That way when you can't get that to work either you can go to their forum and start all over again.  I am sorry you can't get your system going but your not helping us help you.

My dad told me you always have two choices when you wake up and get out of bed. 1. you can happy  2. you can be grumpy.

Sorry if I sound a little front with you but several users here have tried to get you to calm down and state your problem in DETAIL.  But for some odd reason you refuse to do so.  That kinda tells me that you might be some kinda spammer.  There must be a hundred posts just like this that have already been worked on and solved.  Have you tried looking and searching for the same problem?

So...... If you want help please tell us everything about your problem and we will surely find a solution for you.  Tell us what software, what kinda of cameras, what kinda transceiver, what there doing what there not doing, we already know you have a router which could interfere but you don't have to turn it off.  Most routers have a user setting to change channel that they use.  So just slowdown take a sip of cola and explain whats going on in detail.   We don't give up until you do.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »

Read Dan's reply again. He said make sure your firewall was ON for most protection.

More details on the setup are needed unless you have given up. In that case we can't help you if you don't want us to.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.