Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer with pro switch not working  (Read 1792 times)

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Timer with pro switch not working
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

Lets see if I can explain this right.   I have AHP v 3.228 running on Win XP.  I have a Pro dimmer switch (XPD) installed that works via remote or through manually activating in AHP.   I set up a timer to turn this light on at a certain time, saved, cleared interface (CM15) and down loaded the timer to the CM15.  When the time comes, it doesn't turn on, but it shows it issues the command.  I do have the "issue on" vs bright 100% in the preferences for macro.
  If I set a timer to a different switch which is a  regular pro (non dim), the timer works just fine and turns on/off the light switch. 
  I set up a macro for a series of events to occur with that dimmer switch and it controls it just fine.
  Anyone else have an issue using the pro dimmer switch with a timer and it not working?
   I bought this switch two years ago, so don't know if that is a "new" one that is being referred to in other post.
   @@@@@added:  sorry, just now saw and tried Tuiceman's fix and that worked.   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:07:34 PM by trol1374 »

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: Timer with pro switch not working
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »

I don't have a pro switch but run into the samething with the WS467 switches. I have to call them a lamp module or something else in AHP for a timer/macro to control it. I think it has something to do with the soft start feature. Does the Pro switch have that feature? (when you turn it on or off it slowly ramps up or down regardless if you are dimming it or not)

The soft start is good looking and I like it but X10 should have tested it more with AHP.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Timer with pro switch not working
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

The fix in AHP is to define it as an LM14A lamp module, which is a two-way switch that is no longer made but works with soft-start modules.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.