Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PS561 Dialer And Nettalk  (Read 7316 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
PS561 Dialer And Nettalk
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

Hello my sister just got a new Nettalk devise and was wondering if there's any reason it wouldn't work with a PS561 the PS561 is dialing out analog and not digitally. I assume the 61 is capital of handling 11 digit numbers 1-xxx-xxxxxxx so I'm looking for someone that may have one and using it with success with the Nettalk Duo. thanks guys!!

Tom

tom j

Re: PS561 Dialer And Nettalk
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »

Can't figure out whats going on here and hoping someone can help got it hooked up to my sisters system but it wont dial her cell phone. If I pick up the extension I can hear the various dial tones but then I hear a busy. This seems to indicate the system did not properly dial out. For example the Duo requires you to dial 11 digits, 1 the then the area code and finally the number. If for example you just dial 10 digits or dial improperly you get a busy signal like I'm hearing now so I'm just wondering whats not being translated. Hoping someone can help.

Tom

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »

Can you set up Net Talk to accept "short" DTMF tones?

Since you can't program a pause in the PS561, try putting an extra leading "1" in the first dial out number just to see what happens. As I recall the PS561 starts dialout immediately after coming "off hook". This may be too fast for Nettalk. $0.02
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

Can you set up Net Talk to accept "short" DTMF tones?

Since you can't program a pause in the PS561, try putting an extra leading "1" in the first dial out number just to see what happens. As I recall the PS561 starts dialout immediately after coming "off hook". This may be too fast for Nettalk. $0.02

Hi Dave thanks for chiming in! do you think that might be the problem? anything else you can think of I'm going to call support tomorrow. I did read after doing a search here that someone has one successfully connected to a SC1200 is there any difference in the dialer between those two as far as you know. Thanks again for your support.

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »

Say Dave one other thing I noticed was that if I pick up the phone it seems like the the PS561 was unable to open the line to dial. if I pickup the phone during the dialing sequence I hear a dial tone. Any idea what could be causing this and hopefully a possible solution. Thanks!

Tom

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.