Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New PR511 stays on constant and won't reset  (Read 4553 times)

graywoulf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New PR511 stays on constant and won't reset
« on: May 18, 2009, 02:03:27 AM »

I purchased and installed a new PR511 unit about two months ago and recently after a pretty hard rainstorm one night it now stays on constantly. I have tried cutting the power to it for days at a time and also going through the setup steps without any success towards a reset of this unit so far. I was going to buy a chime unit to go with it so I would have a driveway alert but not until I resolve this problem first. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions and instructions from any of you on this subject.

Thank you,

Graywoulf

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New PR511 stays on constant and won't reset
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »

........ recently after a pretty hard rainstorm one night it now stays on constantly.

You should call X10 and ask for a replacement.

I use the X10 Floodlights (PR511) myself... and I really like them. I've never had a problem with mine... even when a lighting strike killed a bunch of my toys. Putting a PR511 on a X10 light switch can be a killer.. if the the switch is dimmed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:45:40 PM »

I purchased and installed a new PR511 unit about two months ago and recently after a pretty hard rainstorm one night it now stays on constantly. I have tried cutting the power to it for days at a time and also going through the setup steps without any success towards a reset of this unit so far. I was going to buy a chime unit to go with it so I would have a driveway alert but not until I resolve this problem first. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions and instructions from any of you on this subject.

Thank you,

Graywoulf

I find that if the power blinks out sometimes my PR511 will get stuck on.  The cure has been to use AHP or another X10 controller to send it an off signal over the power line.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »

I use a X10Pro Appliance Switch to control my PRS511.  It was so flaky when I first got it (the timer would turn it on, but not off) that my old X10 dealer suggested the PRO Appliance Switch.  The timers for the PRS511 are in the Pro switch.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.