Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hot water recirc w/ motion detectors in 2 rooms  (Read 23634 times)

nick29650

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Hot water recirc w/ motion detectors in 2 rooms
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »

Just when you think it’s safe to go back in the water.

Do I need another Transceiver set to H?

I've got everything numbered exactly as you suggested Steven but the macro does not always start H2 (would a reduntant RF signal help?) and even when it does it is not registering on the computer.  I installed the phase coupler booster so phase shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I noticed that the Dummy switch didn't have a H1 off ... wouldn't think it necessary though.

thanks

nick29650

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:27 PM »

All good.  I had an old transciver that I bought at Lowes before I got into AHP.  Pluged it in on H and it's working good ... so far.

Would like to be sure about the H1 off switch; seems like it will not hurt or help anything.

Thanks again. >! :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 05:52:22 AM »

...trying to be smarter than an x10 module...
The more you use them the more opportunities the modules have for beating us. With a few strategic maneuvers you can generally wrangle them into submission, however.  ;)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

I threaten mine with static discharge. Seems to have a disciplinary effect on them.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nick29650

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »

OK OK, I must be cursed.

After I went to bed and sometime during the night we stopped working again.

I did set a timer to not run the recirculater during the night (in addition to setting the macros).  When I woke up in the morning the pump had been on for several hours based on my assumption that it came on with the timer at 4 am.

Anyway, I've cleared the module and unplugged all modules to reset them.  Down loaded all macros and timers again to make sure all the commands were clean and now I can’t get it to work consistently.

Again it is set up exactly as you prescribed Steven.

It might work once or twice then the motion sensor won't send the signal to the pump.  Or, the flag clears before the delay in the second macro.  Sometimes, if the pump does come on the computer shows it went off but I look and the pump is still running.
I have the auto off on the motion sensors set for two minutes since I didn't see a way to disable it.  Do not seem like it should have an effect though.

One more thing, I live in the desert and my garage gets pretty hot … maybe 110 or 112 degrees.  I am wondering if this could affect the module.

Sorry guys.  Thanks.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »

One more thing, I live in the desert and my garage gets pretty hot … maybe 110 or 112 degrees.  I am wondering if this could affect the module.

That's pretty hot ...but then it's a dry heat.  rofl

I assume you are talking about the Appliance module on the pump and NOT the motion sensor. It will definately effect the ability of the motion sensor to see motion.

nick29650

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »

Yes it is the appliance module (in the garage).

It is a dry heat.

But, people burst into flames on the sidewalks here all the time!

nick29650

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 12:12:05 AM »

Don't waste any brain cells yet guys.

I went into hardware config and selected manually the two house codes I am using.  Took it off of Auto because it was showing a third house code that I am not using anywhere.

Initial results are promising even though I have no idea why It could possibly make a difference.

I'll let you know.

nick29650

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »

I hope that by working through this “out loud” I might help some other guy or gal down the road.  I think it will as long as I get it figured out with the community and reading past links in this forum.  Plus my listing all of my efforts one of you guys might have suggestions too.

I am still having intermittent issues.  I noticed that the Belkin seven station USB hub that my AHP control module is plugged into runs pretty warm to the touch.  I have all seven ports in use.  I moved the AHP USB to a direct port in the rear of the computer.  It is working now … but I’ve been here before.  I will give it a while and report back.

>*<

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »

But, people burst into flames on the sidewalks here all the time!

-:) In theory the Motion Sensor would be able to see that person since they would be hotter than ambient temp.

nick29650

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »

I guess (according to theory) I need to move to the mountains to get away from motion sensor falsing due to folks reaching the kindling point.

Anyway, I did see that in hardware configuration my batteries were low.  I don’t know how that could happen since the AHP module is plugged in and the batteries are less than a few months old.  I replaced them and with everything else I’ve done the Macros and recirculation pump has been working.

Thanks guys …. Again!

;D

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »

...and with everything else I’ve done the Macros and recirculation pump has been working...
Glad to see it works for you.
Was the logic clear as to why it works?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

nick29650

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 03:47:39 PM »

Yes, thanks.  It is everything else that affects the x10 operation.  The macro logic as you assembled them is clear to me and working flawlessly at the moment.  I'm just concerned about a number of things that interfere with signals transmission and reception. 

I worry how my CM15A batteries ran down so quick.  And, even though I have an active phase coupler and signal booster at my breaker box, I still have inconsistencies with scheduled operations ... both time and macros.  At least now things work most of the time.

My house is not large (1800 sq ft) but I do have it full of electronics.  My wife and I both have complete offices out of here with all the requisite equipment in a modern office.

Reading other threads I'm thinking about XTB/XTB-IIR, but that's bucks I'm hoping not to spend ... I will though ... if in the end that is what it takes for flawless operation.

Again, thank you for the tutorial.  Macros are not that difficult once you see them and understand them and that was your gift to me. 

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

Reading other threads I'm thinking about XTB/XTB-IIR, but that's bucks I'm hoping not to spend ... I will though ... if in the end that is what it takes for flawless operation.

Start saving your pennys. For most of us X10 becomes addictive and you start walking around the house, mumbling: "ooh, I could X10 that, and that, and definately that over there, and this..."

So if you find yourself doing that, and buying more modules,  get the XTBIIR. A good repeater like XTBIIR or ACT 234 will make the headache go away.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.