Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Face recognition software to open my front door question.  (Read 15570 times)

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
Face recognition software to open my front door question.
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

I have an idea I want to try. I have a camera on my front door. I want to try to use this software http://www.keylemon.com/products.php?id=scr which is used to unlock your computer screen by scanning your face when it sees you approach. Is there anyway for AHP to see this command and then trigger a macro that I can use to trip a UM-506 I plan on using to close and supply power to a door strike to unlock my front door? I don't know what the window command or process is for logging in or even if AHP can use that kind of window process as some kind of macro input. Maybe BVC?
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Face recognition software to open my front door question.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:24:17 AM »

I have an idea I want to try. I have a camera on my front door. I want to try to use this software http://www.keylemon.com/products.php?id=scr which is used to unlock your computer screen by scanning your face when it sees you approach. Is there anyway for AHP to see this command and then trigger a macro that I can use to trip a UM-506 I plan on using to close and supply power to a door strike to unlock my front door? I don't know what the window command or process is for logging in or even if AHP can use that kind of window process as some kind of macro input. Maybe BVC?

You've been talking to Dave_X10_L, haven't you?   rofl

I've been looking into face recognition for BVC, but so far it hasn't gone far.   :'(
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

I have an idea I want to try. I have a camera on my front door. I want to try to use this software... Is there anyway for AHP to see this command and then trigger a macro that I can use to trip a UM-506 I plan on using to close and supply power to a door strike to unlock my front door?

I like that idea!!!

I had a similar idea. My thoughts are a RFID tag, or RF remote (keypad combo) door lock. Making the door nearly hands free (at least keyless). Face recognition (maybe mixed with voice recognition) I would use for activating and deactivating the alarm system.

Imagine... you approch your door and BVC sees your face (or would that be Bill's Face Commander?) and welcomes you home (while turning off the alarm and turning a couple inside lights on). If... you can get "that software" to trigger a macro... and you have a camera in the right place. Thats all you would need to have the welcome routine. Using the DS7000 and AHP with OnAlert while hacking a security remote with a UM-506 would allow you to turn off the alarm.

Face recognition also allows for people counting. Or keeping track of who's home.

PLEASE keep us informed on your progress!

You've been talking to Dave_X10_L, haven't you?   rofl

There are so many good ideas out there.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:08 PM »

I told my wife what I wanted to do and she just shook her head.  ::)  I'm going to try that software this weekend. If I can't make it work I'm thinking of switching out my front door camera with one that has a microphone and us BVC and my VistaKey door entry system both to unlock the door. I can have BVC trip a UM-506 in series with an external card reader to unlock the door and turn off the alarm system or just BVC to unlock the door but not turn off the alarm so if someone somehow gets BVC to respond to their voice AND knows what command I used they can't turn off the alarm. I have IP monitoring, phone and an Intellinet back up radio system that sends a signal in 3 seconds. They can't get past that even if they do get into the house.
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

... I'm going to try that software this weekend. If I can't make it work I'm thinking of switching out my front door camera with one that has a microphone and us BVC and my VistaKey door entry system both to unlock the door.

This is the stuff good Home Automation is made of!!!

My son has a Chrysler... and the key is RFID. His model was "touch this" with the [plastic flob like] key... but the newer models were to be "have the [plastic flob like] key on you". I don't know if recent events with the auto industry will kill the keyless key.. or not. But the concept is perfect... it opens for me... it locks when I leave.

And this is the way things should be. Having to remember... and then actively lock doors, set alarms, turn off lights... it seems silly when we think about it. The technology is here to do this for us.

I do have an Icon remote next to my easy chair (and a theater remote in the theater too). But thanks to BVC I really don't need to mess with remote so much anymore.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.