Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Not sure what happened. Need help. Update Monday 9-28-2009  (Read 9738 times)

AccurateOne

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Not sure what happened. Need help. Update Monday 9-28-2009
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »

Update 9-28-09:I changed sensors and moved it to F6. The light will not come on using a macro triggered from a sensor. The chime will go off however. The light will come on using a macro triggered from a KR22A remote however. Any thoughts on this.

Second update: Still looking for help. Changed Motion sensors again. This switch will activate from other macros triggered by other motion sensors. I changed this one from D12 to F6. Still will not turn on the light just chime.

It will light up when triggered from a macro triggered by motion sensor D10.

So, I set this one F6 up just like the macro on D10 and it will not work. I even tried to trigger a macro from these sensors (old and new one) using lights on the other end of the house and it still will not turn any on. I am stumped.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:24:21 PM by AccurateOne »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Not sure what happened. Need help.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »

I installed AHP yesterday. Today I had my motions sensors (EagleEye) picking up movement and setting off chime. Cool for a newbie!

However, this afternoon my sensors stopped picking up movement and stopped setting off the chime. The only thing I did was to take them down (using velcro) and place tape over the mounting holes. Put them back up and a short while later nothing. It is as if they are being turned off completely.

All advice is much apprecaited!

AccurateOne

Sensors are D12, D10, D8, D6.  Skipping a space as recommended.

Chime is B16
I had a T751 transciever plugged in but turned off in AHP. I unplugged it during this time. Maybe something happened here.

Did you mean a TM751 Transceiver?   A TM751 (and a RR501) can be installed in AHP.  Depending what it controlled (the housecode assigned to it) what did you mean by "turned off in AHP"   I use 2 RR501s and both are installed in AHP.  If I turn off housecode A1 by either Lamp Module A1 or RR501 A1, both lamp and transceiver turn off.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

AccurateOne

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:30:29 PM »

TM751 Yes

I added it to my Room and on the screen it has a togggle and I had it set to off. I am not sure if it was sending a signal originally or not. I assumed it was set to off and not operating. The TM751 was set to housecode D. AHP is set to housecode B as all of my switches are set to B. My motion sensors are set to Housecode D.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:20:35 AM »

The TM751 on D. Will receive the motion sensors on D and transmit the data on the power line.

You are using a Macro to chime B? As the motion sensors on D can not directly trigger a chime on B.

Do you know if D is also set to be transceived in the Hardware Configuration Tab of AHP? As the CM15A can also receive motion sensors signals and optionally send them back to the power line.

rwchalk

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:17:08 AM »

Did you take the batteries out of the sensors to put the tape over the holes?  If so, they probably have to be reset to the proper codes, as I don't think they "remember" if batteries are removed.

Richard

I installed AHP yesterday. Today I had my motions sensors (EagleEye) picking up movement and setting off chime. Cool for a newbie!

However, this afternoon my sensors stopped picking up movement and stopped setting off the chime. The only thing I did was to take them down (using velcro) and place tape over the mounting holes. Put them back up and a short while later nothing. It is as if they are being turned off completely.

All advice is much apprecaited!

AccurateOne

Sensors are D12, D10, D8, D6.  Skipping a space as recommended.

Chime is B16
I had a T751 transciever plugged in but turned off in AHP. I unplugged it during this time. Maybe something happened here.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:41:42 AM »

Good point. When the batteries are removed. The sensor defaults to A1 for motion and A2 for Dusk Dawn.

AccurateOne

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems the sensor was sending a on signal to P16. Not sure why. I took the batteries out and reprogrammed the sensors. I dumped the whole room in the recycle bin and started over. I had to set up a ghost module in all of my macros.

Example: I have a basement door that I want to chime only during the day. I set up the ghost on B9 and chime on B14. Works!

Example: Same basement door. I want it to turn on the light and chime after dusk. Set ghost B9, Door on B7 and Chime on B14. Will have to wait until this evening to see if it works.

Any advice appreciated and thanks!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

P16 is used by AHP when it starts out.   Check the Find Other Computers in AHP and you will see a red dot for P16.

AccurateOne

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »

P16 is used by AHP when it starts out.   Check the Find Other Computers in AHP and you will see a red dot for P16.

OK. The sensor did it again tonight. It worked fine all day and them started trying to turn on P16 again tonight. Any advice would be appreciated. How do I stop this from happening?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

Change the address on the sensor to avoid P16.

AccurateOne

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »

So let me understand. The sensor is D12. I should make it D14 and avoid D12 from now on? Why would D12 trigger a P16 On command?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »

Why would D12 trigger a P16 On command?
It won't unless defective. If your motion sensor is set for D12, then D13 code will be used by the sensor for sunrise/sunset.

So after you re-did AHP are you still seeing something sending the P16 code?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

AccurateOne

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

It won't unless defective. If your motion sensor is set for D12, then D13 code will be used by the sensor for sunrise/sunset.

Yes, yesterday evening  the sensor was working fine with chime only. After dusk it would only send a P16 on signal. This morning it is back to working fine with the chime only. I am going to test it again tonight.

See update at top.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:26:40 AM by AccurateOne »

Dan Lawrence

Re: Not sure what happened. Need help. Update Monday 9-28-2009
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »

I'm beginning to think you have a bad sensor.    :'(

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »

Yes, yesterday evening  the sensor was working fine with chime only. After dusk it would only send a P16 on signal. This morning it is back to working fine with the chime only. I am going to test it again tonight.

See update at top.

Try a new set of batteries in the sensor.  It sounds like it occurs mainly when the outside temperature is low.  Low temperature can diminish battery output.

Just an idea.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.