Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help with Macro  (Read 4138 times)

AccurateOne

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need help with Macro
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

Got a lot of stuff done today. Feeling good about X10. Need a little help with a macro(s).

I have a door that I want to have chime during the day and turn lights on and chime at night. It is covered using a Motion sensor that is currently working properly with the chime only. Do I need to create a new macro for the night setting or just add to the current macro? If I need to add to the current macro I need some help.

It seems if I create a second night macro it will clash with the daytime macro. Any advice will be appreciated.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Need help with Macro
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »

Got a lot of stuff done today. Feeling good about X10. Need a little help with a macro(s).

I have a door that I want to have chime during the day and turn lights on and chime at night. It is covered using a Motion sensor that is currently working properly with the chime only. Do I need to create a new macro for the night setting or just add to the current macro? If I need to add to the current macro I need some help.

It seems if I create a second night macro it will clash with the daytime macro. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sorry AccurateOne.... from time-to-time... a post just slips by.

You could use the dusk/dawn sensor feature of your motion sensor to create a "conditional macro" with the condition being the dusk/dawn for turning on the lights. As far as the chime... just making it the same address as the [macros] trigger (which should also be the motion sensor) should work. 

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.